US Intelligence Shows Flawed China Missiles Led Xi to Purge Army

No wonder Xi is purging. Missiles filled with water and not fuel. One must be very careful about what we see in the press with so much propaganda on both sides being flung.

Sometimes Chinese products are of excellent quality, but a lot of things made there are still garbage to meet production numbers. The latter is probably what happened with those missiles.

That type of regime always has a Potemkin–village problem. Or as someone else once said, "It is better to look good than to feel good." The missiles looked good, but...

I have heard rumbles about corruption within the Chinese military. Google Chinese Aircraft carrier. F'rinstace.. :cool:

Sometimes Chinese products are of excellent quality, but a lot of things made there are still garbage to meet production numbers. The latter is probably what happened with those missiles.

That type of regime always has a Potemkin–village problem. Or as someone else once said, "It is better to look good than to feel good." The missiles looked good, but...

I know a lot of people from China and they're certainly of the opinion that the quality of goods there can be really good or absolutely dreck. However, I've gotten gifts of items that were made in China and while they outwardly looked pretty good, a lot of the the little stuff inside looked to be of questionable quality or poor design. But it looked nice on the outside. I've received items from China that were made by true craftsmen, as well as things that were sold to a price point and were hot garbage.

I don't necessarily have a problem with quality stuff, but often the quality stuff manufactured in China is in factories controlled by foreign companies. Although some might not consider this to be the case, Taiwanese companies such as Foxconn, Pegatron, and Quanta are effectively foreign companies with respect to mainland China. And there are some Chinese companies that take pride in their work and their brand, such as BYD, Haier, and Anker.

Back