What's your Generator and Oil combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whimsey,
Thanks for the advise. I didn't know there was a wrong way to plug cords into a gen. When I use the gen for household power I plug into the 220 outlet and backfeed through my welder outlet. When I use the gen for welding I also use the 220 outlet. Will look into the manual regarding the 110 outlets.

Thanks

Last edited:
15W-40 rotella, changed every 250 hours....

finished_resized.jpg

In my normal generators, I use M1, 15W-50 and change at 50 hour hard use intervals, or 100 hour easy use intervals.

Originally Posted By: Cujet

finished_resized.jpg

In my normal generators, I use M1, 15W-50 and change at 50 hour hard use intervals, or 100 hour easy use intervals.

That is one nice piece of machinery.

Coleman Powermate 4000 watt generator named "Green Machine". 8hp Briggs and Stratton flat head engine. Usually use Rotella T6 5w40 or T5 10w30.

Originally Posted By: Cujet

finished_resized.jpg

I use 15w40 amsoil. Apparantly we're the only ones that don't like water in their crankcase. I use it in all my small engines per your recommendation. I use regular 15w40 for break in then switch over to the amsoil actually.

Subaru/Robin 3800/4300 inverter nicknamed "Petunia". FF changed at 7.5 hrs with RT5 10W-30. Changed again at 21 hrs. with same. Only has 30 hrs. total now, and 25 of those are from exercising.

Older Generac 15KW. Have using QSUD 5w30 changed annually. Have ran 12+ hours in the summer with no consumption. It gets pretty cold here. Have had a below zero start and run for extended time with no issues. 500+ hours with exercise time and actual outages. I adjusted the valves last summer and was pretty pleased with the cleanliness.

Onan 12kv whole house gen.....Mobil 1 0-40 and Fram TG oil filter. Cranks quickly on it's weekly exercise.

Yes, I have considered running the 0w40 sounds like the best of both worlds to me. That new formulation of The Mobil 0w40 has a very high TBN. Maybe after I use up my current stash I may try it.

Yamha EF2000is with Amsoil 4 stroke 10w30 year round. Gets a few changes a year since I put on about 300 hrs a year on it and change it at 100 hrs.

Old Tsunami 4500/5000 watt; oil, Synthetic 5-30. I have no idea how many hours this gen-set has but I have racked up close to 500 on the Honda GX340. It has run for days in row, hot and cold weather, powering my house. Changed every 50 hours or 2 days of around the clock operation. Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back