whats the best oil out there?

Best for city driding?
Best for hwy driving ?
Best for below 0 temps ?
Best for towing ?
Best for length of O.L.M ?
best for 10k, 20k ?
Each could be a different answer

In today's market. We are lucky to find the correct motor oil spec @ WallyWorld! Shelves are bare....I will worry when we run out of water....

Something tells me that if your Chevy has a 6 quart sump, and you put one quart of each of the top end synthetic 5W-20 oils - Pennzoil, Mobil-1, Valvoline, Castrol, Quaker State, and a wild card like Supertech, your engine is apt not to know the difference. Granted, that's NOT a recommended practice, but just sayin' that the differences between the top brands of the same weight and grade (all things being equal) are so slight that it comes down to either personal preference or price.

Some folks get in a rut because they've always used a particular brand, and that's okay. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. However, your Chevy might run a bit quieter, or start easier, or get better oil life out of one brand over the other. Finding that sweet spot is half the fun (and most of the expense).

I respectfully disagree about the useless thread theory. People are people no matter the year!

Perhaps ChevyGuy16 will chime in but it’s been over five years since he last appeared.

As mentioned numerous times in the multitude of these threads, there is no best.

I currently have a 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 LtZ71 with the 5.3 and I'm looking for the best synthetic oil on the market no matter the cost. I have run Mobil 1 0w-20 (factory weight) in that truck for the longest time but about a year ago have branched out and tried Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (same weight) and Amsoil (same weight) and have stuck with Amsoil for the last few oil changes. The only thing with Amsoil is the certifications that it doesn't have like (API, Dexos etc!!) and others as well....is this something to worry about?.....I do drive the truck about 500 miles a week and rely on the vehicles on board oil meter to tell me when it time to change it out, as far as oil filters I only use the Amoils filters... I would like to pass this truck on to my son when its time for him which is another reason I only want the bestk, so please give me all the info you can, Thank you....
No such thing. There is good oil and some not so good, but no extreme one way or the other. This subject is way to over thought.

Back