What’s the best apocalypse car?

For as-is from dealership and commonly seen on the roads...

4Runner
Land Cruiser (LX460)
G-Wagon
Bronco
Wrangler Limited
Defender
Hilux

93 M35A3/Bobbed

Attachments

• A3 GOOD.jpg
    A3 GOOD.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 6
Solar powered Tesla. Recharging the main batteries may take 300 business days, but solar trickle charge should at least provide enough power for HVAC. Park it away from civilization and use as air-conditioned shelter at night. Hunt around while it charges during the day. Old Tesla roadster supposedly isn't as easily wirelessly controlled, but good luck finding one.

View attachment 94636View attachment 94637
I like this idea

W123 240D or 300D. Everything is mechanicaly controlled. Can run on anything, diesel, kerosene, vegetable oil used or new, used engine oil and ATF etc. Also, diesel can be stored for way longer than gas. A manual transmission one can be started without even having an electrical system in the car.
I was thinking an early idi like a 6.2 gm or ford 6.9/7.3. along the same lines as the MB you mention and they will but anything for fuel.

I saw a video discussing government overreach on newer models, where authorities could literally disable said vehicles remotely even though the vehicle is owned outright. It got me thinking, there are a lot of preppers out there, preppers presuming that civilization collapse is just around the corner. Suppose, hypothetically such a scenario came to pass. There would be two life threatening considerations: proliferation of violent crime and famine. If fuel scarcity was also an issue, what vehicle would be the ultimate apocalypse vehicle? Maybe a tank? But it’s fuel consumption is not good, and it needs multiple people to operate it. Maybe a hybrid vehicle? That would be difficult to fix if it breaks down.

What specific model car would be the best suited for being the last man standing in an apocalypse? Maybe a getaway vehicle would be a good way to put it. Getaway from a hunkered down situation.
That ain't gonna happen. Just getcha a Toyota Camry Hybrid. 28 grand, you're welcome.

Last edited:
Well for the Apocalypses I think nothing beats the flaming guitar truck along with all those speakers. Gotta have some tunes at the end of the world.

Doof-Warrior-687x500.jpg

How many gallons per mile is it getting? ;)
8-10 depending on terrain.
It is completley void of any electronics. Nary a transistor or fuse.
Designed to be EMP proof. Every system is air or hydraulic.
It's the cockroach of military vehicles.
The 50 gal tank won't take you around the world but it'll still run.
Plenty of diesel fuel available when the circuits on OTR fail.
Plus, it's a blast to drive.

Too bad a steam vehicle has such slow start-up. I think that is their only real issue. It takes minutes for them to heat up, but the pros are, anything that burns is fuel, and you need water. Way more accessible than oil. I know Jay Leno has some really neat steam cars.

Back