What's For Supper?

Dinner at Blue Ovals tonight. It looks great.
OMG! It was delicious.
Growing up in a La. home, rice and gravy is a common staple for supper almost every night. I never have grown tired of it.
A Cajun is the only person that can look at a rice field and tell you how much gravy it takes to cover it.

Leftovers tonight from last night. C'est Si Bon!
LEFTOVERS.jpg

Had a small plate of fresh durum semolina rigatoni with pesto. 100% extra virgin olive oil. Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano.
We had basil pesto twice this week because it was so good; my wife makes us fresh pesto. We had it once with casarecce and once with spaghetti topped with PR grated at the table and a bottle of Italian sparkling water. I can't wait to have it again because it tastes so good when it's fresh like that.

She's making tomato and lentil soup for us and chili for the kids tonight.

Me and my son stopped for an early evening snack at the Wursthall in San Mateo today. I had the currywurst with roasted potatoes and aioli and he had the bratwurst with kraut and sweet mustard on a bun and potato salad. An alcohol-free beer for junior, water pour moi. It was good enough and we will go back there sometime soon.

Last edited:
Aw man, I love me some stuffed bell peppers.
I make dirty rice and stuff the peppers with that. I sprinkle bread crumbs on top and put then in the oven set on BROIL for about 1.5 minutes. It browns the bread crumbs. You talk about some good eatin' YEAH!
C'est Si Bon!
I make stuffed peppers all the time from sweet peppers from my garden. I use beef flavored rice a roni in the mix instead of rice, rice doesn't do much for the flavor for me.

I make stuffed peppers all the time from sweet peppers from my garden. I use beef flavored rice a roni in the mix instead of rice, rice doesn't do much for the flavor for me.
Beef RAR is my favorite of all the flavors. When I grocery shop at WM I usually buy 8-10 boxes of Beef RAR.
I only eat white rice now in certain rice and gravy meals and gumbo.

Back