what your favorite brand of passenger car tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CincyFritz
Kuhmo, very superior tire, low noise, comfortable smooth ride, last forever, I have a set that is 72k and still within spec on my 03 TDI Jetta. Will be replacing with another set. If it works you stick with it. ~fred

what kumho.

thats like saying

"I like fords you dont know if its a fiesta or an f350?"

Last edited:
hahaha good point but if its ford we must be talking about the ASPIRE
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
hahaha good point but if its ford we must be talking about the ASPIRE
crackmeup2.gif

abit off topic but I had to drive a drunk girl home and didnt want her puking in my car.. so I drove her home in her car(aspire) and had a buddy follow.

That seat was the worst I ever sat in.. It was obviously designed for someone 5'6" or shorter... my back hurts thinking about it.

Last edited:
i had a friend in high school who's mom owned one , one day driving home on the high way she was literally blown off the road by a semi. lol that car was so little. she had a festiva to it was just as awful but more reliable oddly enough. before she wrecked her aspire. as a senior prank we took the teachers cars and moved a few so we could block them all into the parking lot without them getting out. and in order to get them out once we carried the cars into the spot we wanted they had to atleast get a tow truck to move one. well my buddies mom worked at the school so we moved her car because it was light. i had a friend who's dad owned a towing company so he moved her car for her all he asked was money for a case of beer. lol we were punks. my buddy drove her aspire for awhile to it had spray painted hubcaps and a "racing" stripe good times that was.
smile.gif

General Altimax HP is the only AS tire we bought more than once for our cars - exceptional value for $$, and VERY good all-round performance, but esp, wet weather performance. Would buy again, definitely.

I also liked the Altimax Arctic snow tires we got for the Tbird.

So far the Continental DWS (AS/UHP) I have on the Bimmer have been excellent in ALL types of weather. If it continues to be good over the next few yrs, that will also be a repeat buy for sure.

Hav the Kumho HK16 on the Tbird - Meh - pretty bad in wet weather. Just cheap, and ok in dry weather.
I need to replace those...I think they have 70k miles on them - Ack!

Last edited:
2010 hyundai accent wore the kh16's out in 25k miles or so.

surprised you got 70k

Last edited:
i need a set of tires for the saturn . the oem size is 185/65/15 i want a lower profile could i go down to 195/55/15? and whats a good brand to check out.

Ok, so what tires are you going to buy?

They may not be the top performance tires but I have always liked Cooper. Whenever I've had them they have lasted a long time and I felt like I got a good deal on a good tire.

I have also had good luck with BF Goodrich tires.

My personal opinion is that Goodyear, Bridgeston/Firestone and Michelin are average-to-good tires at premium prices.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
i need a set of tires for the saturn . the oem size is 185/65/15 i want a lower profile could i go down to 195/55/15? and whats a good brand to check out.

Ok, so what tires are you going to buy?

chevyboy14: So, which tires are you going to buy??

My dad loved the Cooper CS4's on his 07 Camry (215/60/16). Too bad Cooper doesn't make any tires(except their snow tires) that fit his 12 Camry with 205/65/16.

Horses for courses, as the Brits like to say- I have Cooper Zeon RS3-As running year-round on the X3, and as winter rubber on the MS3; the '02 is fitted with Trendsetter SEs. Summer rubber for the Mazda is a set of Michelin PSS. The ti runs Dunlop Direzza Star Specs; also running Dunlops is the Wrangler(Radial Rover RVXTs). The 328i wears the ContiSportContact 2 SSR in the summer and the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 RFT in the winter.
I've had excellent luck with all five brands; when I look for replacements my main priority is performance and -to a lesser extent- price.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
My dad loved the Cooper CS4's on his 07 Camry (215/60/16). Too bad Cooper doesn't make any tires(except their snow tires) that fit his 12 Camry with 205/65/16.

I suggest 225-60-16(26.63" Diam.) as compared to the 205-65-16(26.49" Diam.) IMHO, the 2 are just about the same size and will fit nicely in the Camry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back