what your favorite brand of passenger car tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago when I was looking for tires I did very unscientific research. I looked at what tires the motorheads who really beat on their cars drove. Almost all of them had B.F.Goodrich. Ive used those, Michelins, and Goodyears. Whatever is on sale at Discount Tire. Never had bad tires.

Originally Posted By: Rand
any particular reason you keep posting topics about the same thing?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2725307#Post2725307

You could have just revived your topic where you posted about this less than a month ago.

this is a different topic. i want to know what peoples favorite brand of tires are. not just on my car but in general its a similar topic but different. you really need to understand you aren't the bitog police. lighten up a little bit there's no harm in this thread lets just enjoy the conversation

Michelin tires have served me very well. The Harmonys that I have on my wife's Subaru have almost 80,000 miles on them and there is still a lot of tread left.

That being said, I have Hankook tires (727's I think) on my Hyundai and have been very please with them. I purchased them rather than Michelin tires because they were on sale and the reviews were very good.

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
you really need to understand you aren't the bitog police. lighten up a little bit there's no harm in this thread lets just enjoy the conversation

You're wrong. The notify button means that we're all the "BITOG police" that you so naively coined.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Fuzion&tireModel=Touring+%28H-+or+V-Speed+Rated%29&partnum=96HR5FZTOUR&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Saturn&autoYear=1998&autoModel=SL2&autoModClar=&tab=Reviews

what do you guys think of these.
pop rivet just because we can push a notify button doesn't mean we should be nagging people for posting similar things. if you haven't notice rand has a track record of whining about things. i dont complain about peoples posts if i do not like whats posted i simply ignore, ignoring seems like a better solution than complaining or anything else. no reason to cry over spilled milk. wouldn't you agree?

I haven't bought enough tires in my lifetime to have a favorite brand. I've only bought the Michelin Destiny tires and was pretty satisfied. When my Michelins wear out, I'll try the Cooper CS4 touring tires (speed rating T). I hear that the company invested millions in designing the Coopers and they look like good tires. My brother also works at the Cooper plant in Findlay, OH. That's another thing. The Coopers are made in the US.

hmmmm i thought there were certain brands that were just good

You thought wrong.

name a brand.. I can name a bad/below average tire they make

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
hmmmm i thought there were certain brands that were just good

You thought wrong.

name a brand.. I can name a bad/below average tire they make

We mostly blush about michelin but they make some junk that is only sold at sears.
smile.gif

If you really want your saturn to handle, put a little more negative camber in the front. I did this accidentally with a new set of struts.
lol.gif

195/60/15 was the size on the 1991-1995s, I think they went skinny and cheap on the 2nd generation to try and get a tiny bit more gas mileage or something. As recommended above it's also a more common size.

well yep , built to Sear s specs in order to keep margins higher , used to drive highway trucks & when my boss didn t have Michelins available , beleive me the drivers wheren t happy , My late father s coach also had Michelins , nothing to say bad in here , I have Michelin winter tires on my car , in drives as a tractor , , it comes factory installed on Corvettes ZR1s also , might not be that bad . One thing is that they are expensive .

But I m shure their are other real good tires that I haven t tried yet . I have Hanckooks on my car for summer & I must say that I dont like them on wet pavement at all . Which were installed when I bought the car , a secondhand one .

Kuhmo, very superior tire, low noise, comfortable smooth ride, last forever, I have a set that is 72k and still within spec on my 03 TDI Jetta. Will be replacing with another set. If it works you stick with it. ~fred

Any advice on oil for 2012 Passat 2.5L 5cyl 170 hp DOHC. The dealer has an oil but what else is out there?

Originally Posted By: CincyFritz
Any advice on oil for 2012 Passat 2.5L 5cyl 170 hp DOHC. The dealer has an oil but what else is out there?

I realize you're new here, but please start a new thread in the appropriate subforum with this question.

I like bridgestones for the SO's car. Whatever's cheap for the Ranger from now on.

Last edited:
I try to find the best performing tire based upon reviews that comes from a domestic source. Ive used all brands in different applications.

pop rivet just because we can push a notify button doesn't mean we should be nagging people for posting similar things. if you haven't notice rand has a track record of whining about things. i dont complain about peoples posts if i do not like whats posted i simply ignore, ignoring seems like a better solution than complaining or anything else. no reason to cry over spilled milk. wouldn't you agree?

No, I would not. It's been clear in the past by the number of posts that the moderators have merged that posting the same questions time and again are frowned upon.

Of course, if you didn't like that pointed out then you can certainly ignore the post that did so. I'll also post a quote from the forum rules, the very same rules to which you agreed when you signed up. This, in effect, makes everyone responsible for policing the forum.

Quote:
Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable, or in any way violates these rules, is requested and encouraged to notify an administrator of this forum immediately.

pop rivet from now on i will be doing my best to pretend you do not exist. please do the same. i realize your intelligent and i think you are. heck you may even be a nice guy but you come off way to [censored] and controlling for my taste. as far as notifying about a similar post go for it it doesn't bother me. you do what you have to do. it is a different topic but its a similar topic but it is a different question and is asking for a difference response. simple as that. please take care.

Originally Posted By: CincyFritz
Kuhmo, very superior tire, low noise, comfortable smooth ride, last forever, I have a set that is 72k and still within spec on my 03 TDI Jetta. Will be replacing with another set. If it works you stick with it. ~fred

I am afraid my experiences with Kumho are just about exactly the OPPOSITE!

Lousy tire IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back