What time do you wake up on Sunday morning?

02SE...
OMG....... prayers sent for both.

-------------------------------------------
ripcord
I get up at 4:00 AM and left my retirement after five years because of the handicapped kids that I chose to help (to and from special learning schools).
It's such a rewarding job and the top-tier Blue Cross Health plan they gave us is utterly fantastic.
My wife said (because of the Health Plan) I am not allowed to retire ever again....lol

Thanks, it means a lot.

Both parents. Dad on 7/19/2023 from stage 4 kidney cancer and several other related issues. Mom from dementia/alzheimers and pneumonia complications on 8/22/2023.

They were amazing parents, and will be dearly missed.
So sorry to hear that :(

Getting up at 4am in the winter is my definition of depression. I much prefer waking up at first light. I try to time my bed time for enough sleep so I can be awake with the dawn.
This can be a time of inspiration for some! I bet there are individuals (on this board) who have heads that are buzzing with activity during the wee hours of the morning.

Preponderance of very early risers responding to this thread.
Yeah, no kidding! I wish I'd known that when I was younger; my dad and my brother and I would try to go out and mow the grass (or whatever) early in the day before it got too hot and Mom would always come running out to make us be quiet. She must've thought everyone slept until Noon on the weekends.

When the friggin' cat gets hungry. Usually a 4 am chow call is in order and this is not just on Sunday. Those little critters know how to work their daddy to their benefit.
I always say that I do not own cats, but I serve as their guardian and caretaker.

One of my cats will even crawl under the covers and nip my toes to get me going.

M-F alarm is set for 4:10 am but I usually wake before it goes off. Out the door @ 4:30 to work.
Sat alarm gets moved to 4:30 am for tennis. Still wake before it goes off.
Sun turn off the alarm and still wake up around 4-4:30. Kind of a waste in the winter. Everyone else in the house has the ability to sleep late so I'm kind of limited as to how much noise I can generate.
Every night in bed between 9 - 9:30 pm. Still remember those carefree days of yore when we were just deciding where to go out at 9:30 at night!

If I'm not up at 0430, my furry children get me out of bed by 0445. Thats when I'm not working night shift. Working night shift I'm up at 0500 to get paperwork done :).

Holy Crap.....

I can't believe the times I'm reading in this thread. I have always thought you should get up early, but that was 6:00-6:30 to me....

Holy Crap.....

I can't believe the times I'm reading in this thread. I have always thought you should get up early, but that was 6:00-6:30 to me....
I was working until 1:30AM last night, so I didn't get up until around 9AM today. Yeah, some of the times people are getting up, I'm still working, lol.

Back