Status
Not open for further replies.

Ws6

https://www.businessinsider.com/riv...Bis19AaWcmJuvVirI4M69Nz8UzVlycPSOVf_ytKM

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

VS

[Linked Image from cdn.motor1.com]

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/rivian-r1t-electric-pickup-truck/

You think Tesla didn't think of that? They didn't want a conventional looking truck. Let the market decide if they made the correct decision.

A pickup truck has to be practical and capable. The Tesla truck is not.

Fifth wheel towing? Forget it.
Having a camper? Good luck.

Originally Posted by Leo99
You think Tesla didn't think of that? They didn't want a conventional looking truck. Let the market decide if they made the correct decision.

But a heavy AWD Tesla truck can drag a 2WD F150 with an open diff backwards so it must be better!!

Teslas are a blast to drive but anyone that buys this truck is an idiot.

Last edited:
The Tesla truck that debuted is ***** to say the least. What happened to the renderings he trolled us with previously?

#NotAFanOfMuskOrHisProducts

[Linked Image from cdn.motor1.com]

[Linked Image from s1.ibtimes.com]

Every picture I've seen in this thread is ugly. The second pic in the OP of what it could have been is as bad as the actual cyber truck.

The utility of a pickup is the most underutilized capability in the automotive world. The vast population who owns one commutes in it empty. The actual percentage who actually tow a fifth wheel in the mountains at 80 mph is a tiny fraction. For most actual uses this might actually have a play. Add a small ulev gas APU for added range and battery cooling capability, make it actually handsome, and give a practical range in the base model, and it might be ok.

Those who do tow and work their trucks need not get their panties in a wad, there will still be good work trucks from the big three, plus Toyota.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Every picture I've seen in this thread is ugly. The second pic in the OP of what it could have been is as bad as the actual cyber truck.

thumbsup2.gif

Something I recall from years ago was that supposedly hybrid drivers wanted a car that stood out. The mild hybrids didn't sell well, as the early adopters wanted the world to see what they were driving (wanted to send a message). I suspect that as time went on though that it didn't matter as much. I wonder if something similar is being sought here--make it stand out. Later on it can be civilized, once sales wane, so as to get those who don't want to stand out.

Not sure who the target audience is, but then again, one can buy a Raptor right? Not all vehicles have to make sense, they just have to find their audience.

Originally Posted by supton
Something I recall from years ago was that supposedly hybrid drivers wanted a car that stood out. The mild hybrids didn't sell well, as the early adopters wanted the world to see what they were driving (wanted to send a message). I suspect that as time went on though that it didn't matter as much. I wonder if something similar is being sought here--make it stand out. Later on it can be civilized, once sales wane, so as to get those who don't want to stand out.

Not sure who the target audience is, but then again, one can buy a Raptor right? Not all vehicles have to make sense, they just have to find their audience.

That's a pretty good thought on the subject. I know I've mentioned it before, but a local Prius driver has huge stickers all over the car bragging about its fuel economy, obviously seeking recognition and validation for his mindset and purchase decision.

The Rivian is too conventional, too much like a normal truck and will compete with them. It's styling is also too 2016 to be released next decade, it looks like a Kia Soul.

The cyber truck looks different than everything else. Truck styling has gotten so bland, this is a nice breath of fresh air.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
The Rivian is too conventional, too much like a normal truck and will compete with them. It's styling is also too 2016 to be released next decade, it looks like a Kia Soul.

The cyber truck looks different than everything else. Truck styling has gotten so bland, this is a nice breath of fresh air.

It was said that if cars were designed for cost every car would look the same

If every vehicle were designed to be efficient every vehicle would look the same

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Am8hV5Al514

Originally Posted by Audios
I still dont believe that Tesla truck is coming to market. He has to be trolling all of us.

+1000 what ive been saying...

Originally Posted by 4WD
Now that's the orange can of death

The Orange can of death was made by the 5th largest auto manufacturer in 1976

Fun little runabout and made in larger volumes than the car pictured on the bottom

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
A pickup truck has to be practical and capable. The Tesla truck is not.

Fifth wheel towing? Forget it.
Having a camper? Good luck.

LOL majority of profitable pickups drive about carrying a bed of air and nothing in tow with occupant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back