What States Are We From?

Many have listed their states on profiles. Most have probably lived in more than one state. Demographics is an interesting topic. No personal info.

Grew up in and around Chicago. Moved to NC almost forty years ago. Wx, roads, cost of living here is better. I'd never move. Drivers are more considerate here also.

Where y'all from?

IL my whole life, born/lived north side of Chicago then moved out into the suburbs around pre-school age and remained out in the suburbs.

Western NY until I was 13, been in Maryland since.

Demographics is interesting for sure.

@Zee09 and I have identified that we're practically around the corner from each other. It's funny, thousands of members in a country of a few hundred million and two people are that close to each other.

My childhood was spread across the four western Canadian provinces - in order, B.C., Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and back to B.C.

A friend from high school in B.C. studied here (Winnipeg) to get more in touch with his Mennonite roots, and wrote to me saying I should transfer out here to finish my degree. I had some good memories of Grades 1 to 3 here, and moved here "for a year" to finish school.

Put down some roots and stayed here. I like the big sky, and make the best of the cold winters.

My family mostly came from Philly and over the years moved to Pa and NJ suburbs.
I feel some affinity for that area, being an avid fan of Lisa Scottoline's (Philly) and Harlan Coben's (Jersey, but the NYC rather than Philly suburbs) novels. There are certainly some interesting place names.

I feel some affinity for that area, being an avid fan of Lisa Scottoline's (Philly) and Harlan Coben's (Jersey, but the NYC rather than Philly suburbs) novels. There are certainly some interesting place names.
Always enjoyed Scottline’s articles about her her day in/day out life in the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Western New York, in one of the Buffalo southtowns.

When ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN does the national news about Buffalo getting dumped on with snow and they report from Hamburg, Orchard Park, Lackawanna or East Aurora, NY… I’m 7-15 minutes away.

I think I’m close to a few on here.

Born in Montreal. but never lived there. was adopted at 6 months old. lived in Chibougamau until i was 5, then Mistassini until i joined the army. lived in BC and Alberta. lived in Europe and the US. now retired and living in Alma in the Lac St-Jean area. my 2 best friends live in the Ottawa area and since 1990 i have spent a ton of time there. i consider Ottawa almost a second home.

Born in Ottawa, Canada ( where I live ). Have lived in "Montreal" ( North of the City ) , and "Toronto" ( Pickering ) as a kid growing up, plus other places as a pilot ( lived in the Caribbean and other places ).

My late Parents came from Northern Ireland in 1956 ( Belfast/Armagh County ).

Back