What spark plugs are you running in your mowers?

I have a recent datapoint....got a 15hp 420cc Chonda (Honda GX390clone) on a pressure washer...came with a Torch F7RTC plug - ran it for about 7 hours on and off - always took about 3-7 pulls to start, cold or warm.

Put in an NGK BPR6ES plug and started on the first pull 3 times over the last 2 hours of use...

Originally Posted by tundraotto
I have a recent datapoint....got a 15hp 420cc Chonda (Honda GX390clone) on a pressure washer...came with a Torch F7RTC plug - ran it for about 7 hours on and off - always took about 3-7 pulls to start, cold or warm.

Put in an NGK BPR6ES plug and started on the first pull 3 times over the last 2 hours of use...

I like this
thumbsup2.gif

I just got a new NGK sparkplug that will be replacing the E3 plug, so I'll be doing a similar test myself today
wink.gif

Great tip … I have 4 Chonda gens … probably have 50 cent plugs …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Great tip … I have 4 Chonda gens … probably have 50 cent plugs …

I've done quite a few re-powers with Predator engines on older equipment for customers over the years. I now include an NGK plug as part of the package and have had zero issues. MOST of the Torch plugs were fine, but some customers noticed that the engines would gradually take more pulls to start, especially on snowblowers. Throwing in an NGK plug from the start eliminated this problem. The $5 more per install is peace of mind in these situations.

Its all NGK in my OPE..
I've tried an E3 in a push-mower at one time... i was unimpressed... it got turfed in short order.
I even went as far as installing platinum plugs in my ride mower... ok... maybe you may say its overkill.. but im funny that way...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 2K2AcuraTL
Its all NGK in my OPE..
I've tried an E3 in a push-mower at one time... i was unimpressed... it got turfed in short order.
I even went as far as installing platinum plugs in my ride mower... ok... maybe you may say its overkill.. but im funny that way...
wink.gif

Yeah I pulled out the E3 yesterday and replaced it with an NGK, starts right up now. Before it would take a couple of tries before starting.

Replaced the Champion RC12YC plugs with Champion 71ECO's on the craftsman tractor. They have a finer center electrode. Seems to fire up much quicker, though the old plugs didn't look that bad.

Back