What Schaeffers Products have done for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bror posted
quote:

I'd add a small bottle of positraction (limited slip differential) additive. I did this with Dad's car (same kind: '94 Grand Marquis) after the owner of a tranny rebuild shop recommended it. We used the Goodwrench-GM fluid but many specialty lubricant companies make this kind of additive: Red Line, Lucas, Synergen, etc ...

It tends to make the tranny shift more positively ... less slipping.

I wouldn't use a friction modifier in a transmission unless it was a manual shift.

The atf oils already have the proper frictional properties designed to maintain proper shifting.

The 131 neutra like auto rx, is designed to clean and neutralize acid build up as well as help condition seals that many times are weak around the clutch pak and this is where a lot of shift problems occur.

Here is a picture of a clutch pak system with the piston and the clutch drum. Notice that this does have a seal that is important to maintain pressure

-

Each clutch is actuated by pressurized hydraulic fluid that enters a piston inside the clutch. Springs make sure that the clutch releases when the pressure is reduced. picture above shows the piston and the clutch drum

So with weak seals, shifting would become a problem. Antiwear additives have no control on shifting except in where the valve body has springs and valves. This too is helped with the 131 neutra/auto-rx as it will clean any contamination that may cause sticking valves. Same as it does for sticky lifters in engines.

The difference between a friction modifier and the 131 neutra/ auto-rx is, it helps clean and recondition seals, thus fixing what is causing the problem and not trying to cover up the acids with no benifets to the seals.

Test vehicle, 2002 Nissan sentra 1.8l 4cyl ,5spd GXE,4door. Test driver 17 year old teenager,severe service!

Test oils: Oil extreme 5w-30

Schaeffers 7000 Blend 5w-30

Average fuel economy =

Nissan 5w-30 27.3mpg

oil extreme 5w-30 29.6mpg

Schaeffers 5w-30 31.9mpg

Totally unscientific, uncontrolled ,but noticable difference ! The kid likes it because my kids pay their way!
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

[ August 03, 2002, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

Thanks Terry for the info, I believe that's about 15% fuel increase! (Nissan 5w-30 27.3mpg) Times 15% is 31.39 correct? (Schaeffers 5w-30 31.9mpg)
Not all will see this, but alot will. When I bought my dodge mini van, it was getting 18.2mpg for 2,000 miles on the oil that can in it. The van had 72,000 miles on it at that time. After changing it to schaeffer it went to 22.1mpg. And that's the truth !!
gr_stretch.gif

But my Toyota Avalon didn't increase at all(not that I saw)! This car was new when schaeffer was installed.
dunno.gif

[ August 03, 2002, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: David ]

I like the sound of this! My car seems to stick right around the 19.0 to 19.3 MPG range lately, no more no less, so any mileage change with Schaeffers will be noticeable due to that consistency. I'd love to average over 20MPG! We'll soon see!

I'll do this if it hits a 20 average:

fruit.gif

What would the treat rate be with #131 in a sludged engine.I've got an 81 chevy(farm truck)that's been sitting in the barn for about a year.Blotter test shows that the oil has lost it's dispersancy

David,

nissan oil to Schaeffers 16.85% increase.

Oil extreme to Schaeffers 7.77% increase

Nissan oil to Oil extreme 8.42% increase

Schaeffers oil is probably the least cost lubricant of all three.

Terry, thanks
This was my point at the top of this tread about the trucks and what al said.
"I have severe doubts about the 15% gain in milage. No study with synthetics or quasi synthetics has ever come up with a number as high as that. I have seen as high as 3-4% with full syns in truck diffs/trans/and engines thats as good as it gets. 1 to 2% is the usual. "
Most but not all will see a good fuel mileage increase with schaeffer.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back