What oil would you use if cost/availability were not a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry I'm shocked. I figured you more of a synthetic 0w-5 type of guy made from something like recycled Barbie Dolls.
tongue.gif

I would probably use the Synergyn or Neo just to see what they are all about. Matter of fact, going to give the LTS 0w30 a go in my spouse's Mitsu Eclipse ES 4-banger now that I have found a dealer in my area who will deliver to my door step.

Pedro

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
427 my sides are splitting and it hurts to laugh so much.....
lol.gif
nono.gif

" recycled Barbie Dolls. " shoose, I have to whisper .... this is what the German Castrol is made from , not the Black Forest fairies.
fruit.gif

Terry, Terry, Terry...I would not dream of venturing into your realm of expert analysis...conversely, you MUST NOT dabble in the Lore of the Green. Only a certified SLX-meister is qualified to address the rare and precious contents of the Elixer of Luxurious Lubrication and Ferocious Friction Fighting. So please trouble not the minds of our little friends in der Schwartzwald as they do take seriously what you say. Just remember a troubled elf is a distracted blender...and we...just...can't...have..that.
cheers.gif

PS As if you all couldn't guess, I would continue to use the Excellent and Efficacious Elvish Emerald Elixer...Lang lebend das Grün!!!!

[ October 19, 2004, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

I hope if some day the Wall of Orange at Wal-Mart was replaced by endless gallon jugs of 0W-30 synthetic at $6.77 the same as my trusted 5W-30 dino Pennzoil, I would notice and have the guts to try some. Maybe a Redline ester. Definitely, no unsaturated veggie oil. I might even forget my religious March, June, September, and December changes. I wonder if dogs are as good of a judge of oil as they are of people? Maybe I will offer Pepper a choice of Fram or ST.

And oh yes, I would want a garentee of the same price and availability 3 or 6 months later. I think it has been 14 years since i bought anything except Pennzoil.

I would probably give the Motul Ester Tech 0w-40 a go instead of the Mobil 1 0w-40 I always use. No 3000 mile changes here, I wait until 7500miles.

quote:

Originally posted by Cary:
I would probably give the Motul Ester Tech 0w-40 a go instead of the Mobil 1 0w-40 I always use. No 3000 mile changes here, I wait until 7500miles.

I've always wondered, why do so many of you follow those 7500 mile oil changes? Wouldn't it be easier to round it off to 7000 or 8000? I've never understood why car makers put down 7500 miles for their OCI. At least in the case of cars up here with that specified interval, it works out to 12,000km intervals. My father is doing that in his 2004 Volvo actually (he's running GC as well)

If cost wasn't an issue, I'd hook a string up to my fumoto valve, and drain my oil while doing ungodly speeds/rpms, just to see a real live engine failure in progress! But that's just me.
burnout.gif
gr_eek2.gif
crushedcar.gif

Well, this won't be very interesting, but I would not change a thing based on price. I don't and thankfully I'm able to afford most oil.

I'm not a brand loyalist either. I just select by application. I have Pennzoil, Castrol, Amsoil and Mobil 1 products.

quote:

Originally posted by haley10:
Well, this won't be very interesting, but I would not change a thing based on price. I don't and thankfully I'm able to afford most oil.

Same here. Most people who can afford to buy the expensive stuff didn't get that way by flushing their money down the toilet.

M1 products and good quality dino 15W-40 meet all my engine oil needs.

I do have to confess to playing with some ARx, LC and FP.

MOTUL!
grin.gif
Wouldn't switch. I'll always use 100% synthetic oil, period. My car deserves it.

[ October 21, 2004, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: A4NCAR ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back