What one oil would you pick if only one could be had?

Let's see...my Kia Soul takes 5W20, and my Suzuki LS650 takes 10W40.

If Motorcraft Synthetic Blend came in both weights, that would be my choice, but their 10W40 only comes in conventional.

The only name-brand oils I've used that come in both weights are Mobil Super and plain ol' Pennzoil. They've both served me very well. Pennzoil helped my two Festivas run for over 300,000 miles...so it's PYB for the win!

Last edited:
Do I have to pay for it? If not, I'll go with some of that $100 a gallon stuff.

regardless - pretty much every vehicle on the road will run on 5/30 in any flavor. Vehicles that call for 20 will run it, as will vehicles that call for a 40, and though I'd hate to have to run it in a supercharged 800hp whatever, I would. Why would I hate it, because I'd be wishing I'd picked a 5/40.

AMOCO Ultimate Synthetic 20W-50. Good stuff! You could use it in almost everything. Cars,Trucks,Motorcycles, etc. Especially Motorcycles. It didn’t have the “WET” clutch issues other synthetics had at time. It was only available here in Texas at Target stores. At least that was only place I could find it. I bought cases and cases of the stuff at 75 cents a quart when Target quit carrying it.

Last edited:
Back