What oil filters has the best filration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For highest efficiency, least flow restriction, & longest effective service life, is anything as good or better than an Amsoil EA or Donaldson Endurance oil filter?

Quote:

For highest efficiency, least flow restriction, & longest effective service life, is anything as good or better than an Amsoil EA or Donaldson Endurance oil filter?

Not yet, here's hopeing other filter manufacturers get busy and offer a similar one. While they're at it, how about one that will filter down to 10 microns at absolute efficiency.

Quote:

Harry...

Why do you such good micron-filtering?

I don't want to go to a bypass filtration system and its attendent hoses and extra filter. I would like to have a spin on filter approaching that finer filtering. I plan to keep my car as long as I can. Engine wear of course is a concern, but I would like to maintain the engines performance, no oil burn etc. With finer filtration, oil change intervals can be lengthened, especially when a premium synthetic oil is used.

Harry

Sure! Become an Amsoil dealer ..and give your self one on your own, self funded, promotional campaign. They make great gifts for the holiday season.
grin.gif

Quote:

To the oil Gods out there, what oil filter or filters has the best filration,with out buying an buypass system.Thank You

Whatever is recommended by OEM that was made for that particular car. I changed to a bigger filter made for another Honda but not my Accord but the S2000 utilizing PP and it was slow to rev maybe due to pumping losses because it felt thicker (car felt like it gained weight). Now I hoped to have gotten really good filtration because this filter is a stout Made in Japan filter that is tough (more restrictive??). I like to do this from time to time to clean a bit better but now I am back to stock filter and M1 and my car runs way better then before.

Stick to stock, it was designed with oversight by the manuf. of your vehicle and is the best design. Who cares if the construction is not fillet mignon, you're still eating steak and it is still guaranteed to satisfy you thoroughly and completely!

Last edited:
Quote:

Stick to stock, it was designed with oversight by the manuf. of your vehicle and is the best design. Who cares if the construction is not fillet mignon, you're still eating steak and it is still guaranteed to satisfy you thoroughly and completely!

Now that is insightful and logical.
crackmeup.gif

Quote:

The valvoline maxlife filters are Purolator PureOne

Are the maxlife filters even made anymore? I have not seen one in a long time.

A while back I contacted purolator about the maxlife filter vs the P1. They said the P1 was designed for finer filtration while the maxlife filter was for catching big hunks of stuff. According to that description the 2 sound to be very different. I think I posted the reply on here some time ago Ill try and find it.

Stock?? Stock??? We want no stinking Stock!!
Optimist: glass is half full
Pessimist: glass is half empty
Engineer: Glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Sometimes engineers go with the flow and try not to invent a new wheel, just one that works. Some engineer say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. We like to think if it ain't broke, we need more features!
grin.gif

I just did a bunch of "research" on oil filters. So far my conclusion is: it does not matter, any oil filter will get you to 200k+ miles. I have read threads stating oil filter X is the best and Y is the worst. Yet the next thread said X is the worst and Y is the best. Every filter on the market has supporters and opposers. Nearly every filter you can imagine has served someone flawlessly for years, while that same filter destroyed someone else's engine the instant it was installed.

Quote:

So far my conclusion is: it does not matter, any oil filter will get you to 200k+ miles.

This is true, schwartr88 ...but conditions and restrictions apply ..and YMMV. Just because you get to 200k doesn't mean that you've reached 200k in the best of conditions over someone else who used other methods in their attempt to reach it.

Filters are only one element in a host of elements that effect vehicle longevity ..but they're also the most easily implemented in the normal routine of vehicle maintenance. It all depends on how you view your vehicle. Many here don't look at them as an integrated utility ..many look at it as some extension of their personality ..or ego ..something that needs refreshing every so often. Nothing wrong with that.
dunno.gif

OTOH, if you're into getting every dime out of the total loser that automobile ownership really is... you attempt to do everything you can in preventive maintenance to extend the life. There are all kinds of variables that can and will occur in 200k of ownership. You can eliminate a few of them along the way. Fewer issues to juggle in the "suitable for continued use" dept ..the more likely you're going to get to that 200k mark without too much misery.

In many cases the added care may be overkill but the cost difference is so little if sensibly applied. I'll go the higher tech route. I never want another car payment.

Ive used wix filters for a few years now and Im pleased with them. I would like to find a comparibly good filter thats priced a little less though. I'll look into the purolator pureone filters and see if they cost a little less or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back