NAPA PROSELECT 21348 TORE! CUT OPEN

Let us know how the Donaldson P551132 holds up. Thinking about putting that or the LF16011 on my car soon when I hit 5K miles in about a week or two.

Let us know how the Donaldson P551132 holds up. Thinking about putting that or the LF16011 on my car soon when I hit 5K miles in about a week or two.

Will do sir.

$7.80 when I ordered more donaldsons too

IMG_1153.jpg

Show us who claimed that. I've never seen anyone say oil filters don't tear anymore.
But here you are making that claim. :unsure:
There's a perception that it's not much of an issue anymore ... not really the case. In that other thread, I posted up many recent C&Ps showing torn media. Sure, it's not like the heyday Tearogate days, but it's still going on and it's still caused by essentially the same thing ... wide pleat spacing with brittle media that can't take the bending over from oil flow dP.

There's a perception that it's not much of an issue anymore ... not really the case. In that other thread, I posted up many recent C&Ps showing torn media. Sure, it's not like the heyday Tearogate days, but it's still going on and it's still caused by essentially the same thing ... wide pleat spacing with brittle media that can't take the bending over from oil flow dP.

Yep, lately how many Puro made M1 filters have we saw tearing? Hmmm 🤔🤔🤔

Yeah, M+H has a lot of tearing going on lately. Maybe the heydays of torn media is starting up once again based on the way things go in the constantly changing oil filter world.

Yeah I agree with you here on this..

Glad Napa and Advance Auto and O Reillys went with Premium Guard for their branded oil filters…. Big improvement over M&H.

I heard that torn filters allow better oil flow to the engine so that should actually help engines last longer ... yeah, that's the ticket. 😄 Wavy pleats just cause teary eyes 🥺 and the need for an absorbent towel. But make sure the towel doesn't contain any cellulose fibers. 😜

Last edited:
Back