FRAM PRO FP-9688 CUT OPEN

This filter was off friends 21’ KIA Soul. Unknown oil change interval. When I changed oil and filter oil cap had thick nasty blck 💩💩on it. Friend just bought vehicle. Has 72k on odometer also.
Looks ok.

In and on: FRAM ENDURANCE 9688 and HPL 5w20 CK4 HDEO oil.

IMG_1336.jpeg

IMG_1337.jpeg

IMG_1339.jpeg

IMG_1340.jpeg

IMG_1342.jpeg

IMG_1344.jpeg

IMG_1346.jpeg

IMG_1348.jpeg

IMG_1341.jpeg

IMG_1347.jpeg

^^^ What's that have to do with your "silicone gasket" comment. An ADBV is not a really "gasket" ... it's a valve. Terminology matters.
How in the world did I let one slip out like that? Gasket WTH 🤪 I knew it was a one way valve though :p
We really need more Terminology Matters Police 🚓
Should I get my bail money ready? :LOL:
I can use wink emoji's too just like you ;)

^^^ Keep making up your own misguided terminology for stuff ... it's a good source of humor. 😄

Agreeing with @BrendanC looks like an EG by another name. What I find interesting, while it's got Fram date code format, it's got the font and info type used by Champ, eg, "product of USA". No interval here but looks ok. Friend really moving up with use of the FE Endurance this time.

Thanks for c&p.

Agreeing with @BrendanC looks like an EG by another name. What I find interesting, while it's got Fram date code format, it's got the font and info type used by Champ, eg, "product of USA". No interval here but looks ok. Friend really moving up with use of the FE Endurance this time.

Thanks for c&p.

Yeah, he thought he had a wire backed ULTRA somewhere but couldn’t find it so he snagged 2 ENDURANCE filters on way over.

Back