What next for my Subaru?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the local dealers won't come anywhere near the price of the Maxlife (Can find Maxlife for less than $4 per quart, the Subaru HP is between $6.50 and $9 depending on the dealer). So it looks like that is what is going in.

For the ATF: i changed the fluid (drain x 4, refill x 4) this spring - the first 2 drain and refill just use regular dex3 - highly good fluid. next 2 i used Valvoline ATF that comes in a red jug for 15.50 at Walmart - this is a synthetic fluid, for extra goodness. I did this for the 2008 impreza, and the 1999 legacy. both vehicles are shifting still like brand new. the fluid change was done 6 months ago and both vehicles have been used lots.

Originally Posted By: snajper69
Originally Posted By: cutlassvillager
I did a single drain and fill on my Dad's 2002 WRX Wagon with the 4EAT using MaxLife. It shifts noticeably smoother. Change was done at approx 125,000 miles. It had a complete flush at ~95k. I'd change the filter as well as it is in such an easy location and the filter can be had for cheap. It was the same as the engine oil filter.

4EAT filter is not the same as engine filter check the specs; some people had negative effects when using any filter other than the OEM one. But it's your car your transmission
wink.gif

Exactly they are not the same.
I would go with Mobil 1 for the front and rear differentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back