what nationality/ethnicity are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It blows me away this thread hasn't been locked.

Don't get me wrong. It doesn't bother ME one bit.

But its pretty politically incorrect for a forum that wont let you post a Youtube video about cars that happens to have swearing; even if you mark the post as such.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Originally Posted By: msparks
With a name like Sparks guessing it's some sort of English?

It used to be the policy that immigrants have to adopt English sounding names. My coworker's family name used to be Gavenski but got changed into Gaven, my professor's family name (Chinese) was changed from Fong to Frank, and a friend's last name changed from Tam to Tom.

Everything got "Englishified".

My mothers maiden name is Miller changed from Miniue (sp) (french)story is when great gramps came over the agent couldnt spell it so just wrote Miller on the papers

I'm the worst of both worlds, English and German. My father's parents were immigrants from Germany, and on my mother's side, we came here from England in the early 1800's if I have my facts straight.

So solidly English and German in my family tree.

Originally Posted By: Kaie
But its pretty politically incorrect for a forum that wont let you post a Youtube video about cars that happens to have swearing; even if you mark the post as such.

To quote the forum owner it is a family friendly forum (while letting daily blonde jokes slide).

I've learned that many people's standard of morality, ethics, and political correctness are different from mine.

kaie -- there's no reason to lock this thread. it has been VERY civil."... it's pretty politically incorrect for a forum..." if you feel this way, go back channel, and PM one of the mods.
comparing this thread to a you-tube video that contains swearing is laughable.apples to oranges comparison.have a good day.

Originally Posted By: Kaie
It blows me away this thread hasn't been locked.

Don't get me wrong. It doesn't bother ME one bit.

as I stated ealier, I started this thread out of curiousity; it's the same as if I asked what color hair do you have.
I think 11 pages of discussion on the question proves you CAN have a thread on a potentially volatile subject without it getting locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back