What makes 'Amsoil Small Engine' better than PCMO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't try it, but I'd bet it would do fine in an older vehicle for a severe service OCI.

Use the appropriate viscosity of Synthetic Small-Engine Oil in applications that require any of the following specifications:
  • API SL, SJ, SH, SG...(Gasoline)
  • API CD, CF (Diesel)
  • JASO MA/MA2, (Wet Clutch)
Use 10W-40 Synthetic Small-Engine Oil in small engines found in (not limited to) mowers (zero-turn, riding, stand-on, push), generators, power washers and other equipment that requires SAE 10W-40 or 15W-40 motor oil, including those made by Kubota, Kawasaki, Robin, Onan, Linamar and Vanguard.
Equipment types include maintenance equipment, tractors, lawn and garden equipment, compactors, pumps, light towers, log splitters, welders, cement mixers and trowels, skid-steers, excavators, rototillers and compressors.

API SL, SJ, SH, SG, CD, CF is pretty outdated. You could run it in older cars, but why would you
at $19.95/quart?
With 218 ppm boron and 72 ppm Mo (10W-30 VOA) I'd say additive package is slightly above
avarage, but again, with that old specs and at this elevated price, it doesn't seem great value.
Advertised application is small engines though, not cars. I agree, it could have corrosion inhibitors
tailored to garden equipment sitting in the garage through winter. Perhaps this explains 218 ppm
of boron.

API SL, SJ, SH, SG, CD, CF is pretty outdated. You could run it in older cars, but why would you
at $19.95/quart?
With 218 ppm boron and 72 ppm Mo (10W-30 VOA) I'd say additive package is slightly above
avarage, but again, with that old specs and at this elevated price, it doesn't seem great value.
Advertised application is small engines though, not cars. I agree, it could have corrosion inhibitors
tailored to garden equipment sitting in the garage through winter. Perhaps this explains 218 ppm
of boron.
Why would you pay that it's not even close you get it for under 9 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back