Which Amsoil for my 70 Lincoln Mk III?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I've been using Chevron Delo in my 70 Lincoln 460 for three oil changes and I want to go to a Amsoil synthetic. I'm concerned about which one has the right ingredients for my old detroit behemoth. I want an oil that has all the right stuff...
11.gif

Saw this on their web site - this look like the right one?

SAE 10W-40 Synthetic Premium Protection Motor Oil (AMO)

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
AMSOIL Synthetic 10W-40 Motor Oil is specially formulated to provide superior protection and performance in a wide variety of demanding applications. By incorporating high-quality synthetic base
stocks and a superior high-zinc additive package, AMSOIL Premium Protection Oil exceeds the needs of large and small gasoline or diesel engines in cars, motorcycles, trucks, motor homes, maintenance equipment, heavy equipment, street rods and marine applications. It is ideal for high-mileage vehicles, vehicles with flat-tappet cams and high-stress vehicles subject to hot temperatures, heavy hauling, trailer pulling or off-road use. AMSOIL Premium Protection Oil resists oxidation, neutralizes acids, inhibits corrosion, reduces wear and protects against deposits. It provides the extra anti-wear protection required by engines with flat-tappet cams and high-tension valve springs. AMSOIL Synthetic 10W-40 Premium Protection Motor Oil offers flexibility and performance beyond conventional oil for convenience and trouble-free operation

AMSOIL Synthetic 10W-40 Premium Protection Motor Oil is a multi-use, premium synthetic lubricant for applications that require or benefit from a higher viscosity oil. It is recommended for air and liquid cooled, large or small gasoline and diesel engines, transmissions and chaincase applications where 10W-40 oil is required with any of the following specifications:

API SL, SJ, SH, SG
API CI-4 Plus, CH-4, CF, CF-2
ISO-L-EMA • Caterpillar ECF-1
JASO MA (Motorcycle) • MAN 271/3275 • MTU Type 2
Cummins 20071/20072/20076/20077 • VDS-2, VDS
Mack EO-M+ • ACEA A3/B3, E3, E5 • MB 228.3, 229.1
Detroit Diesel 93K214

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back