What leather cleaner/conditioner are ya'll using? How often do you clean and or condition them?

So your routine as you described in the original comment is not cleaning the seats good enough?

Are your seats perforated? What make and model of car?
I’m not even sure if it’s really cleaning them or not. Everytime I clean them, there’s no black specs or anything on the yellow microfiber towel I use. So, I’m thinking of using another way to see if the seats are actually crystal clean or the leather cleaner I use sucks.

seats aren’t perforated. I’ve got a 2009 BMW 335

I’m not even sure if it’s really cleaning them or not. Everytime I clean them, there’s no black specs or anything on the yellow microfiber towel I use. So, I’m thinking of using another way to see if the seats are actually crystal clean or the leather cleaner I use sucks.

seats aren’t perforated. I’ve got a 2009 BMW 335

I take it these are black seats? It would be obvious if they were a lighter color.

I suspect they are clean. My leather seats are black and I use Griots Leather Care 3in1 spray.

I take it these are black seats? It would be obvious if they were a lighter color.

I suspect they are clean. My leather seats are black and I use Griots Leather Care 3in1 spray.
Yup black seats. I dont like light-colored interiors.

I suspect they're clean too. I used some warm water diluted with dishwashing soap and cleaned part of the seat. Wiped it with a white microfiber and the white microfiber doesn't have any black spot on it either. Looks like me seats are clean :ROFLMAO:

Just have to condition that part since I just read dishwashing soap can dry leather.

Sonax Profiline leather cleaning foam with soft-bristle brush, followed up by Sonax leather cream. Perfect, non-greasy, satin finish. Years ago I was using Lexol... but it usually left a greasy surface that needed to be wiped a good bit.

Top-coated leather can't really be conditioned because of the polyurethane layer sitting on top of the leather. I vacuum and wipe down with mist of distilled water and MF cloth then follow up with a vinyl dressing (Optimum) but I have used 303 before. Basically anything which has UV inhibitors.

I'd bet 99 percent of you guys have some form of corrected or top-coated leather in your vehicles.

I use Lexol cleaner and Lexol conditioner. I try to wash my car every month in the winter and once a week when the weatheris warmer. The leather interior gets the same schedule, primarily because the interior of my KIA is off white so, any bit of dirt shows. Secondly my current situation dictates that I park outside so the interior gets baked in the heat.

I use Lexol cleaner and Lexol conditioner. I try to wash my car every month in the winter and once a week when the weatheris warmer. The leather interior gets the same schedule, primarily because the interior of my KIA is off white so, any bit of dirt shows. Secondly my current situation dictates that I park outside so the interior gets baked in the heat

Back