What Keith at Dan Wesson said about 1911 rail lube.

They are usually pretty easy to deal with, but I’d probably run one of their choices for break in simply so if there is an issue there is no way for them to blame you.

I only say Militec 1 because it’s usually the easiest to get.

If it runs good the first 500, treat it like anything else (obviously still steer clear of stuff that will damage the finish)

That's what I was thinking after reading about the galling. But reading that galling is mostly associated with stainless guns and I have a aluminum frame and duty treated slide..

I ran down to walmart, but no Militec 1. Scheels doesn't even carry FP-10 or Militec 1.

I just received my FP-10 and removed the mobil 1 and applied it to the rails of the TCP. I sent DW the picture of my rail at the same time I asked you folks, but will have to trust your opinion as DW never replied.. Needless to say, not very impressed with their customer support.

AR500 3/8" mini silhouette's and T-post hangers should arrive tomorrow, but regardless, I'm going to run 50 rounds for the first time ever.

Dan Wesson took good care of me and my Razorback (10mm 1911) as relayed through the thread I linked.

I would buy another Dan Wesson in a heartbeat.

If the next 450 bullets fire like they did yesterday, I would to.

Only had one slow feed on the first round of the fifth mag but attribute that to my weak sling shot.

I imagine dw is ignoring me because galling rarely or never occurs on a TCP and they don't have time for newbies

Dan Wesson took good care of me and my Razorback (10mm 1911) as relayed through the thread I linked.

Dan Wesson is Wilson combat performance at a Kimber price. My Dan Wesson 1911 in 45 acp will run 4,000 rounds with out a hickup and with out cleaning my 5.7 gn 231 and hard lead semi cutter reloads with just lubrication ever few hundred rounds.

Back