What is your state known for?

You are dating yourself since it hasn't been called that in years. Now Mountain Creek.
Yeah, thanks. I'm well aware of that.

Action Park has a (relatively) long, notorious history and is well known for being 'very New Jersey'. What its current safe and toned-down version is called now has nothing to do with it.

03F9D38E-C04F-41A7-9BCA-305E7CDDF7E8.jpeg

Pittsburgh PA use to be known for its steel mills. But mostly those days are gone.

We do have a very high number of hospitals with a lot of medical education going on.

We have nice woods for walking in and hunting in during hunting seasons.

Campgrounds and lakes, and a lot of private small boat owners.

We are big football fans, and also big fans of our base-ball teams, and hockey.

There is a saying that Pittsburgh fans who travel to away games do not get much sleep on Saturday night, because they will fill up your bars on Saturday night, and your churches on Sunday morning.

And of course we are known for roads with pot-holes, and city and state government with high taxes.

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks. I'm well aware of that.

Action Park has a (relatively) long, notorious history and is well known for being 'very New Jersey'. What its current safe and toned-down version is called now has nothing to do with it.
Ah, Class Action Park. I took my kids there when my daughter was 6. It's a small miracle she survived it. Mostly my fault for thinking it was a safe place. She jumped off the 23 feet high cliff. I didn't realize how high it was. I jumped off after her didn't realize how long it takes to fall 23 feet and deep down you go.

Dakota access pipeline protests

The least visited State, (except for the year of Dakota access pipeline protests)

Lawrence Welk

Wonderful weather, other than the extremes... in 5 months went from -60 to +121

Largest Holstein cow and Buffalo

The Gateway Arch, BBQ, the birthp!ace of Harry Truman, Walt Disney, and Jesse James. Wildly changing weather, to both extremes (records are -40 and 118), and the new face of the NFL, Mr. Mahomes.

Let's see... For Colorado:
* a healthy population
* first for pot
* pot heads
* incredibly expensive home and apartment prices (see items 2 & 3)
* lots of sunshine
* our "guy" governor was the first in the nation to marry another guy
* lots of terrific green chile
* lots of Californians
* oh, and some things that stick up in the middle of the state called the rocky somethings???

I’ve been a resident of six states, none of which I consider mine. Maybe Illinois as I was born in a suburb of Chicago. Harsh winters, rusted cars, and ethnic neighborhoods. My dad could only speak Czech until he went to school, even though he was born in Chicago in 1912. So that’s it, ethnic melting pot neighborhoods.

Let's see... For Colorado:
* a healthy population
* first for pot
* pot heads
* incredibly expensive home and apartment prices (see items 2 & 3)
* lots of sunshine
* our "guy" governor was the first in the nation to marry another guy
* lots of terrific green chile
* lots of Californians
* oh, and some things that stick up in the middle of the state called the rocky somethings???
Someone with a CA license plate could be a Kansan who moved to CA three years ago, bought and flipped a house, and now with 500k tax free in pocket, moved to Colorado.

Presently WV, Ramps, Bud Lite cans alongside of every road, damaged guard rails on every highway from said Bud Lite drinkers, opioid overdoses, coal, meth users, at least one church on every back road,........

Back