What is your most frequent but irrational purchase?

A few years back, I read on here about old school DE safety razors. I decided to give them a try. Once you start looking at reviews and all sorts of videos on Youtube etc. You can amass a collection fast.

First I started looking at my local Kijiji for old Gillettes and other razors. I got up to about 14 razors. Next you start looking at different blade manufacturers.

Then I found out about Italian Barber. I've picked up three Razo Rock CNC billet razors. Now I need to stop, since I have enough soaps, brushes and blades for 3 more years of shaving...

Well, DD is a 2020 JLU Rubicon … I did commit to myself that it will not be overly outfitted like the mall crawlers … so only a moderate amount of recovery kit (winch, HiLift, snatch gear etc) costs beyond purchase price.
Now, of course it will need to have the fluids changed too often, right ?

Inexpensive (cheap) wristwatches. I‘ve bought a clean used Wenger Swiss military quartz watch off eBay for $60 shipped and a new Timex expedition field solar watch ($48) off Amazon in the last 2 weeks, even though I can see 3 clocks and 1 watch from the chair I’m sitting in right now. :unsure:

Odds and Ends whenever I go to Lowes or Home Depot, stuff I don't need. Wife rolls her eyes when I come home with a bag of STUFF. :LOL:

I love eating out and gambling. Don't see that as irrational. It's date night stuff with the wife. We've saved about $25k last year due to covid19 restrictions.

I play a lot of golf and some might say that's irrational.

Take out food. Wife just order despite our fridge is full of left over take out food. As for myself usually just little things here and there that complement old stuff I have (quirky cables and adapters that let you reuse old stuff with new stuff, etc).

Sinking too much money repairing old stuff and then it break again and wasted the repair, should have junked the old things, etc.

Whenever when wife and I go shopping at Costco, we end up buying whole bunch of organic this and that, from fruits to bread to chicken, etc. But my weakness is buying clearance items at Costco that ends in $xx.97. If items are car or tool related then there is no tomorrow.

Craft beer for sure.

And Porsche toys. Lego/Matchbox/Hot Wheels/Playmobil. Won't pass one up.

0206211523_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back