What is your favorite quick lube place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local Pennzoil shop near me although he costs $38.99

If I bring my own oil and filter he charges $18.00 out the door. I used to work for the older gentleman for 3 years also. Very reputable and great work as he sweeps out car thoroughly and checks all fluids
wink.gif

Last edited:
Like others who have replied, I use an independent shop....my local tire store. I bring my own oil and filter. I go in for tire rotation and oil change about every 7,500 miles. An extremely trustworthy, honest family owns the shop. I am waiting at the front door when they open at 7:30AM on Saturday mornings and am on the road again by 8:30.

If I ever needed somebody else to change it, it would be my mechanic (which I rarely use either) that would let me bring my own oil and filter if I wanted.
When I was in an apartment years ago, I used Jiffy Lube, never had a problem with them, but that was 20 years ago.
My mom had used a local mechanic shop for hers for 100,000 miles + with no issues.
My sister and brother in law used a Meineke Car Care Center, but they still recommend a 3000 mile OCI on their sticker.
I have another brother in law that will only use the dealer for his Camaro.

I have heard a lot of good about the Ford Quick Lane as well.

Local garage would be mine--I've never used them but I'm guessing if I provided the oil (or told them what to get) they'd do the job. I'd want to tip them for it.

Personally I just make time to do mine. As long as it isn't raining it's not a big deal. If anything I prefer it to be about 20F. Ground is frozen, makes the job easier.

Originally Posted by supton
Local garage would be mine--I've never used them but I'm guessing if I provided the oil (or told them what to get) they'd do the job. I'd want to tip them for it.

Personally I just make time to do mine. As long as it isn't raining it's not a big deal. If anything I prefer it to be about 20F. Ground is frozen, makes the job easier.

Yeah well you're from New Hampshire, I could see that! LOL. I've done oil changes in the cold, but it wasn't fun at all.

I may hit up a local mechanic that is very trustworthy. Not a bad idea.

Wal Mart, of course. On the rare occasion I can't do it myself, it's always good ol' wal mart. They've never tried to rip me off, or sell me something I don't need.

Ford quick lane is $39.99 around here. They service all model cars and are fast. 30 minutes.

Vavoline instant oil change is $39.99. 30 minutes.

NTB is $19.99 with coupon, they use NAPA filters, but service is hit and miss. In Austin they were very good, in San Antonio they are terrible, will never use them down here. 2-3 hours.

My hyundai dealer is $26.99 with OEM parts, new crush washer, and semi syn 5w30. Also no upsell. 45 minutes.

I know some dealers will upsell on non necessary work, but if you can say no then dump it off at a dealer.

I did not like Jiffy Lube, they did a good job but they recommend too many services that are unnecessary, and have a big sales pitch. Also they are notorious for taking apart each filter in the car and showing it to you.

A Valvoline shop. they are common around here. Every single one follows a program that idiot proofs the process. Use with confidence

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
I've had pretty good luck with Ford Quick Lanes around the country. I'm not sure what kind of filter they use on non Fords though.

My kid lives 800 miles away from me and recently bought a Ford so I told him to take it to his local Ford dealership to run the VIN through OASIS, scan the OBDII codes (free of charge) and just get the car in their system. The price wasn't too bad.
When I did some wrenching for Ford, they got filters for "other brands" from the WalMart across the street or had O'Reilly's quickly deliver a single filter.

If I had to use one it would be Valvoline. Clean and a good reputation. The local one is always busy, even on Sunday mornings.

A fantastic place called Bud's garage. If Bud can't do it there is an independent shop that specializes in Honda's and that is where I would go. So far Bud has been able to handle it.

Originally Posted by Bud
A fantastic place called Bud's garage. If Bud can't do it there is an independent shop that specializes in Honda's and that is where I would go. So far Bud has been able to handle it.

Word around town is Bud's is the goto place.
The Great State of Texas is a bit far, so I have been using Jeff's Knuckle Busters. The guy is a real jerk; listens to blues music all the time.
But he likes to service cars. Something about the feel of a Snap-On wrench in his hand...

Dealer quick service for in-warranty vehicles.
Ask around about local reputation for everything else.
What you are looking for is the place with the same guys taking your order and working on your car last year, this year, and next year.

While I would lean towards local independent mechanics, a friend took his Cavalier to over 250K with 3K oil changes at his local Jiffy Lube. His best friend owned the Jiffy lube. When he started with "3000 miles" I was about to say something BITOG-y, then realized, 250K, owned by best friend, and just shut up and nodded. I wouldn't do it that way, but I'm not going to argue with success.

Originally Posted by hpb
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Be real interesting to see if people can answer your question without irrelevant, off-topic commentary. In my opinion, responses should be the name of a company or they don't answer at all.

You mean a response like yours?
smile.gif

Hahahaha!

I was going to say my driveway, outdoors, in this weather...

Im not sure there will be rich responses here, because most folks interested in this stuff also tend to have an affinity for DIY.

Id be mostly concerned that if these businesses are franchised, they may be dependent upon the owner and quality of employees.

Woodmans Grocery stores have a quick oil change service at most locations featuring Quakerstate products ,, I have sent my daughters there a few times if I was traveling

woodmans is a local grocery chain in southern wisconsin and northern Illinois

I know it doesn't help buster, but if I were to choose a fast lube place up here in Canada I would use Mr Lube. I like the fact that you can stay in your car and therefore you can sort of see what they are doing.

Originally Posted by hpb
You mean a response like yours?
smile.gif

Kinda...
grin.gif
Seriously though, it was just a request/reminder to focus on the OP's question. Have to admit, so far the responses have been very good.

I bring my Mobil 1 0W-40 and a Mobil 1 filter to Mavis. One of the few places that will still let you do that. They charge only for labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back