What is your favorite 20 weight oil, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My choice for #1 20 weight oil: Pennzoil 5w-20 dino. Works great in both of my rides.

Even in my old Saturn, NVH is lowered with this product. That's amazing to me in such a buzzy engine.

(I think I know buster's answer now.
wink.gif
)

Motorcraft 5w20 syn. blend.Seems to work fine for 5k in Miami heat and nightmare traffic with a/c never ever off.Thats in a 05 4.6 Crown Victoria.

I purchased a new Honda in May of 2005 and started looking here for oil recommendations and UOA reports. It would appear from everything I've read that most major brand 5w20s will do a great job. Havoline has been highly touted so I went with that. I change oil by the OLM and I have a lot of confidence that the oil will do just fine. However, I am not 100% sure about that or that the OLM is telling me the truth. I plan on getting a UOA on my next oil change just to find these things out for sure.

Pennzoil Platinum 5W20 in my 3 Honda autos and my snowblower. Why? I think it's a great product and I know what went in to the production of it before I retired. I also get it FREE since I am a retiree
grin.gif

+1 for Pennzoil Platinum - it's in our Odyssey V6 right now. I prefer either that or Redline in 5W-20. Engine was most quiet w/ RL, next with PP. WAY noisier on Mobil 1. YMMV.

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
Pennzoil Platinum 5W20 in my 3 Honda autos and my snowblower. Why? I think it's a great product and I know what went in to the production of it before I retired. I also get it FREE since I am a retiree
grin.gif

wow you lucky son of a gun!

I'm a big fan of Royal Purple 5w20 and PP 5w20. I sure wish i could find some PP 0w20.

Free Pennzoil Platinum ?

I need to fill out a SOPUS job application.
gr_stretch.gif

I like 5w20 Pennzoil since I can get it for $1.27 at Home Depot.

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
grin.gif

OCI's for the house compliments of Johnny (crowd roars
grin.gif
)
fruit.gif

MC 5w-20 currently. Cheapest semi-synth available (I think). Currently in two cars in the fleet. Daughter's 91 Vulcan and my wife's jeep.

Motorcraft 5w20, why you ask? Well it says semi-syn right on the bottle and its at a price to be compared to dino. Plus this oil meets Fords spec. My second choice would be syntec blend 5w20 but the price point favors the MC5w20

I use Pennzoil 5w-20 for my 2002 Honda CRV and 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. Both spec. 5w-20.

Why Pennzoil? Because I bought a whole bunch of Pennzoil vinyl oil change stickers on Ebay. So I kind of have to now. Castrol oil with a Pennzoil sticker would be like lying.

I only went with RL initially bc I wanted to test it being I can put a lot of miles on it quickly from my commute to work. Since it did perform well, and due to how I drive, I'm going to stick with it.

I think Castrol GTX, Havoline and Motorcraft are my favorite 20wt dino's/blends. I think all the synthetics are great. Amsoil/M1/Schaeffer's etc.

I'm running Havoline 5W20 in our Mazda6 2.3L and F-150 5.4L. I was convinced to use Havoline by UOA's and the sale price of $1.58 at AA. I stocked up and bought 4 cases, although I'm down to 3 cases now. My other choice is Motocraft 5W20, again based on UOA's. I think they are both great oils for the money. But make no mistake, if I was able to get PP for free I'd run it!
grin.gif

Fuchs 0w-20 the reason is 80% biodegradable ester base engine oil.Seen few UOA's here with excellent results.
Currently installed in to my 2.2L camry.
Great Fuel economy and low engine noise compared to mobil1 0w-40.

Mobil 1 0W20 SL. Why? First it's a good product and second I used the (now defunct) Pep Boys coupons to stock up at 1/2 price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back