What is y’all’s opinion on the new Fram Force filters?

Fram was nice & sent me one of these for free to try out. Seems like a better version of the Tough Guard. Anyone used one of these yet? And what are your opinions on it?
A5331192-2290-451C-BA5F-087BEAEA5DC9.jpeg

Here is a recent thread.

Got a Fram Force on my car now...

I like the specs like Zee0six said....98 percent at 20 microns and up to 15k miles. Not too shabby.

The "grip" on the outside of the can is a bit lacking in my opinion. Especially compared to the Fram Titanium filter which has a lot more grippiness to it.

Got a Fram Force on my car now...

I like the specs like Zee0six said....98 percent at 20 microns and up to 15k miles. Not too shabby.

The "grip" on the outside of the can is a bit lacking in my opinion. Especially compared to the Fram Titanium filter which has a lot more grippiness to it.

Well Fram figured out that Black > Orange which is why they made the gasket on the Titanium black instead of orange as it is depicted on the box ;)

I have the Fram Titanium on my Explorer now. Will prolly revert back to the Ultra from Wally World to save a few beans. Otherwise I'm satisfied with the Titanium on their now. My ocis tend to be 8500-10,000 per the oil life monitor, so I prefer a stout filter

maybe the marketing dudes and dudettes want a fram filter for very $2 price increment.
I think they make too many versions now.

seems 3 would do, elcheapo, midrange and ultra?

maybe the marketing dudes and dudettes want a fram filter for very $2 price increment.
I think they make too many versions now.

seems 3 would do, elcheapo, midrange and ultra?
They technically do, the Force is a rebadged Tough Guard and the Titanium is an Ultra, just exclusive to AAP for their oil/filter deals.
IMO no reason to buy one of the AAP Fram's at retail price, much cheaper to get a TG or Ultra. With some of the oil combo's (ie a combo deal with a rebate stacked on) it could be a good way to get one.

Fram has several filters that are duplicates
  • Fram Extra Guard and Fram Pro (FP)
  • Fram Tough Guard (TG) and Fram Force (FF?)
  • Fram Ultra, Fram Titanium (FT) and Fram Synthetic Pro (FSP)
They also have the Fram Core (exclusive to Walmart for their service bays) and the Fram Racing.

So it is actually a 5 tier
  1. budget (Core)
  2. cheap (Extra Guard and FP)
  3. midrange ( TG & FF)
  4. high end (Ultra, FT, FSP)
  5. specialty (Racing).

Back