What is/was your Pandemic project(s)?

Nothing.
I was going to replace all of the windows but was informed we need to move.
I was going to upgrade my desk but was told we need to move.
I was going to use some performance credits (Work related non-monetary points system which an be used to buy stuff or converted into gift cards) to buy some tools do repairs/maintenance on my car but I was told we're buying new living room furniture instead.

I had several projects lined up at the cottage in Canada last summer, all delayed until the border opens again. Hopefully I can at least get up there in time to stain the deck this year.

Updating my tool chest. I decided to get all my sockets in order, bought organizers, realized I had lost some over 30 years, replaced those, made the sets larger, bought a set of 3/4" drive SAE sockets, ratchet handle and breaker bare and added a set of Torx drive male and female drives. Bought some plastic organizers for my wrenches and tossed out some very old dull and rusty files. Tool chest drawers now look respectable and well organized,

It's easy to look back at the last twelve Months and see what I've done.
I have done ALOT of projects around the house.
In the basement, the garage and in the yard.
- Repaired and painted the backyard shed
- Got ride of my rock pile in the back and front yard
- PM my cloths dryer (35 yo and still going strong)
- Bought a 'quiet' air-compressor and digital air gauge
- Killed off alot of the lawn and replanted with better seed
- etc, etc

Eating out 95% less now has saved me a boatload of $$$ that I have been plowing into my condo during pandemic. Mostly small projects here and there like painting my patio floor, painting my interior ceilings and some nice railing planters for the patio were about it until recently.

My pandemic project swan song is an entire kitchen gut and renovation that I am in the late planning stages with parts starting to arrive in the next couple days and demo to begin in ~2-3 weeks. Kitchen is original (21 years old) and based on sales comps in my community the price delta of un-renovated vs renovated kitchen is ~$20k and I am looking to flip this place in next couple years so decided to move forward on project.

Nothing really except had work slow down dramatically. The parts shortage is still hampering us too. I worked on the beetle some but I was going to do that anyway. Other than that it didn’t affect me much. I still done everything I normally do.

Updated and expanded my tool collection.
Outfitted and organized my shop.
Worked* on my buddy’s 1975 Mercedes 450SL.

*Pulled the engine, replaced valve guides, timing chain and sprockets, cleaned outside, painted block, checked and adjusted valve clearances, resealed oil pan, removed intake manifold, replaced seals and gaskets, had injectors rebuilt, replaced injector wiring, water pump, thermostat, cleaned and repaired throttle linkage, cleaned throttle body, replaced exhaust manifolds with updated set from a ‘77. Transmission rebuild, new driveshaft joints, and transmission cooler lines. New engine mounts. Removed interior and dash, repaired air box and heater controls, repaired dash wiring, replaced speedometer cable, repaired clock and cluster. Repaired floors and installed new capture nuts for transmission plate. Replaced steering joint and repaired steering bushing at firewall. Replaced cooling system hoses and vacuum filled system. Replaced brake hoses, pads, and rotors, bled and flushed system. Replaced subframe bushings, removed, cleaned and painted subframe. Rebuilt front suspension with new bushings, bump stops, upper and lower ball joints, shocks, inner and outer tie rods, sway bar links and bushings. New rear shocks. Removed and cleaned fuel tank, installed new strainer, fuel pump and filter with new mount.

Saying Co**d-19 is prohibited, is pandemic? Anyway, please share if you have already or will be in the future done any projects due to the pandemic.
You can say COVID.

But the site doesn’t want you discussing the disease, treatment, public health, policy, politics, etc.

Please read up on the policy before making inaccurate statements.

Over the past year, made cabinets for the basement, reshingled part of my roof, added a ridge vent to my shed, installed typar under some of the siding under the house.

This year will finish two more sections of roofing, fix the porch railing, paint the shed, fix some bricks on the house and replace rear brakes on the Caravan. Also doing some lawn aeration and overseeing. It will be a busy summer.

Re-decked the car trailer.
Built wooden shelves for both garages and the barn.
Tiled one bathroom.
Bunch of stupid car stuff, like pulled seats and cleaned under them.

Not much change for me as I went into work, hard to get submarines underway from your house. :) :D
I just had more time at home when not at work.

Re-decked the car trailer.
Built wooden shelves for both garages and the barn.
Tiled one bathroom.
Bunch of stupid car stuff, like pulled seats and cleaned under them.

Not much change for me as I went into work, hard to get submarines underway from your house. :) :D
I just had more time at home when not at work.

Your job is to get submarines underway? That sounds like a very unusual and interesting job.

My job went to split shifts for awhile last year so we were one week on one off. The theory was if someone tested positive that crew was shut down and the other would run the dealership until the quarantine period was over.

On my time off I built a raised garden bed and planted a garden. Tore down some wallpaper and did some interior painting. Cleared out a road on my dad's farm that hadn't been opened in maybe 10 years and caught up on brush hogging.

It was really a good thing for me and my wife. We had been working opposite shifts for quite awhile so if one is at work the other has the kids and we would only see each other a few nights a week on her days off. Seeing each other again really improved our relationship. I also feel it's a sign we(or at least one of us) need to work less hours.

Wife built a garden shed and is now planning a larger shed for the outdoor power equipment. Me, I had plans but they never took off. With spring in the air I might finally get back to various projects.

Back