What is this GUNK in my Amsoil bottle???!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have too much oil now so I had to do re-arragements in my garage (made a thread in Photo Section), and I came upon one of my Amsoil Manual Transmission Gear Lube empty bottles... it has this GUNK inside of it!! I've never put anything in this bottle.. I just took out the gear lube to use in my transmission and then closed the bottle and it's been sitting for 2 months MAX.

What the heck is this gunk inside a bottle that was supposed to have perfectly good gear lube?? it almost seems like clear sludge...

s3010279.jpg

I had the same thing happen in a gallon jug of Amsoil 5W-30 after I let the bottle sit for a little bit while it was empty. Like others have mentioned, I bet it's additive fallout.

Looks like left over oil. With some condensation. You live in Florida. You poured out the oil, water vapor laden air goes into nearly empty bottle. Lid goes back on. Water condenses with the oil. Natural phenomena and has nothing to do with the quality of the lubricant in the bottle.

Can't really tell from the picture, but a clear, gel-like substance is usually VI Improver. VII solubility is sometimes limited, especially if exposed to low temperatures, and a little fall out is not an issue. I wouldn't worry.

Tom NJ

I have had an Amsoil product do that to me before, The ATF had slimy red flaky stuff in a new sealed bottle. They said it would be okay just shake it. I didn't use it they were huge slimy flakes, just me....

(someone has to say this - I wouldn't normally, but it just seemed so "choice" - I just can't resist - the humor part of me )

It's excess MLM marketing scum. Some have told me a little goes into every bottle.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
(someone has to say this - I wouldn't normally, but it just seemed so "choice" - I just can't resist - the humor part of me )

It's excess MLM marketing scum. Some have told me a little goes into every bottle.

crackmeup2.gif

so edge must have 8x the scum
crackmeup2.gif

No need to worry. Every bottle of oil (besides my half quart leftover Amsoil AGL) has always had some kind`ve stuff sitting on the bottom. I totally freaked when I saw it on the bottom of a brand new jug of Valvoline 10W40! I guess I`d never paid any attention to the bottom of the oil containers before to notice it,but it`s nothing to worry about.

Originally Posted By: travlnman
Whatever it is, it's superior to all others !
28.gif

Exactly and no additives will ever drop out of an amsoil oil....
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back