Me neither.

3 Volvos
1 Porsche
1 Pontiac
1 Nissan
1 BMW
1 Buick
1 Lexus

But gun to the head 2011 Buick is a below average experience for reliability.

The last 3 are in the driveway with the Nissan being junked earlier this year

Interesting when one looks at my list, I was only brand loyal one time.

Wife's 1976 Chevrolet Monza hatchback with the (garbage) aluminum block 4 cyl engine that exploded at less than original 35,000 mi on the clock. Car was so new when it killed itself that we had not even completed paying off the loan.

My cars:
-1993 Bmw 325i, Germans threw a GM 4-speed auto in it that would get stuck in limp mode (3rd gear) whenever temps would drop.

Some of my parents cars:
-2005 Ford Freestar, 2 transmission replacements in 24k miles and engine met its death with sludge.
-2005 Saturn Vue, CVT transmission was absolute trash, wouldn’t engage in reverse.

Side note, what the heck was going on in 2005 in regards to build quality?

My cars:
-1993 Bmw 325i, Germans threw a GM 4-speed auto in it that would get stuck in limp mode (3rd gear) whenever temps would drop.

Some of my parents cars:
-2005 Ford Freestar, 2 transmission replacements in 24k miles and engine met its death with sludge.
-2005 Saturn Vue, CVT transmission was absolute trash, wouldn’t engage in reverse.

Side note, what the heck was going on in 2005 in regards to build quality?
Lots of layoffs that year

Wife's 1976 Chevrolet Monza hatchback with the (garbage) aluminum block 4 cyl engine that exploded at less than original 35,000 mi on the clock. Car was so new when it killed itself that we had not even completed paying off the loan.
My 1973 GT Vega Kammback with the the GT 2-bbl engine made it to about 75K before it got ill. Fun fun car. Sublime handling especially with BF Goodrich T/A Radials from the era. By 75K it also had major body rust. I had 6 years of fun for $1800 net after trade

Worst car you ever owned? I'll start with mine I bought a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero from a place called Gustin's Automotive in Lexington, Oklahoma one time, this clunker broke down a few days after buying it, got it fixed then a week later it broke down again, there after every week to two weeks it was in the shop, final straw was when I was heading to the hospital to take my grandma some find a word puzzles & the head blew, after pushing it home I decided to junk it, I never had a car that required so many high dollar fixes back to back, what is the worst car you have ever owned.
2003 Kia spectra.

My 1973 GT Vega Kammback with the the GT 2-bbl engine made it to about 75K before it got ill. Fun fun car. Sublime handling especially with BF Goodrich T/A Radials from the era. By 75K it also had major body rust. I had 6 years of fun for $1800 net after trade
We did kinda enjoy it when it was still ALIVE:). Bucket seats, the hatchback, it used very little gas. It was the very first "small car" we owned. The funny thing about them (nicknamed back then by GM techs n mechanics "throw away cars!") the Vegas + Monzas being that they were so un-dependable / rust monsters etc.... They were built with very similar aerodynamic wind beating shaped front ends and bodies like some other domestic manufacturers + and some foreign road n track sports cars or drag racers. So many of the blown up, burned out, beat up cars were taken, minus the drive trains n modified (some became funny-cars in drag circles) and became road racers or drag strip killers. Several were even unbeatable multi award winners in their second lives.

New 1980 Ford Fiesta. US market from Cologne imported 1978-1980. Radiator, very bad cylinder boring, electrical problems all within 25k miles. Ford 12 month/12,000 mi. total warranty. 1800 lb. car with 12 in. wheels. You could get new Pirelli P3's for $30 ea. mail order.

Not my car, personally, but both a roommate and my brother had late seventies, early eighties Fiat Spiders that were by far the most unreliable cars I've ever seen. So many times I would get a call to come bail them out when they'd broken down some where. Their only saving grace was that parts were dirt cheap for some reason.

Worst car i ever had was a facelifted Nissan Primera P11 (Infiniti G20 in US) with sporty SR20DE engine. That car was so bad it died on me 3 times and spent months in the shop but the shop never managed to fix it before i gave up and bought something else. Had that car for 6 months, it spent 4-5 months in the shop. Thank god i bought it with used car warranty.
I believe there was major electrical issue somewhere because the car acted very strange.

Might have been a 1988 Volkswagen Fox... that is the only one where the horn "froze ON" (any time the ignition got power the horn would sound) during very cold day, happened a few times and was difficult to get it to stop. I remember being unimpressed with that car as a whole.

There's a few in the running, actually, my 1995 Honda Civic (last EJ series) did get stolen which is a fatal flaw with those (apparently) and the car was OK as a whole, I remember it being very low seating position and entry but.. for now I'll keep it simple and say "one of those two."

Worst car i ever had was a facelifted Nissan Primera P11 (Infiniti G20 in US) with sporty SR20DE engine. That car was so bad it died on me 3 times and spent months in the shop but the shop never managed to fix it before i gave up and bought something else. Had that car for 6 months, it spent 4-5 months in the shop. Thank god i bought it with used car warranty.

I believe there was major electrical issue somewhere because the car acted very strange.

My 1993 Infiniti J30 experience was VERY similar. That's one that was in the running of "a few." That, and you'd think the doors were closed and they weren't and the battery would drain all the way down. That was the Infiniti. Thanks for mentioning Nissan. VG30DE that one. (I somewhat think it was the ECU itself, as to how it acted like Youtuber Samcrac's Ferrari from some years ago, did basically the same thing. Undeliverable if not remedied.)

Something electrical was my conclusion as well.........

Back