What is the strangest engine swap you've seen?

Buick 3.8 V6 in a 1973 Chevy LUV pickup, I've heard stories of V8 engines put into these little trucks but never have seen one. I remember there was a trap door in the bed to access the battery.

I recall people swapping in 1000cc motorcycle engines into Smart cars and they'd be able to take on very fast sports cars.

Where did you find this? I'm curious about what he did. I enjoy his youtube channel.
It's on his Instagram, he has an upcoming episode that will be on his youtube channel once he's done putting it together where this is featured :)

Interesting engine swaps I have seen in person:

• 460 Ford in a Pinto - it ran low 10's at our local track.
  • Gen 1 SBC swapped into a mid 80's Oldsmobile Cutlass with a junkyard turbo setup - it appeared totally stock and was very quiet, ran low 12's.
Only see on Youtube: Hellcat swapped into a Toyota Prius.

Interesting engine swaps I have seen in person:

• 460 Ford in a Pinto - it ran low 10's at our local track.
  • Gen 1 SBC swapped into a mid 80's Oldsmobile Cutlass with a junkyard turbo setup - it appeared totally stock and was very quiet, ran low 12's.
Only see on Youtube: Hellcat swapped into a Toyota Prius.
I saw a similar car here at Shannonville, guy had a 534 (460) in a Pinto, ran low 9's, IIRC 9.34? Looked like a handful!

My old BMW mechanic built a 70 Ford truck with a 2002 BMW M5 v8 and manual gearbox. It was a prerunner/desert truck. Pretty odd for sure but he was a BMW mechanic and his brother built Baja prerunners.

The Cubans get the prize for ingenuity for engine swaps. Boat motors, diesels, anything for that matter to keep those old Chebbies running.

The "White Zombie" electric dragster. An electric '72 Datsun producing (when I saw it) 325 HP and 772 ft/lbs of torque. 12 sec 1/4 mile.

Back