What is the strangest engine swap you've seen?

Let's try to keep this limited to automotive engines and automobiles. Also, I'd rather exclude the LS/Vortec engine because they get put in anything and everything.

Probably the strangest one I've seen was a Cadillac 500 cu in V8 swapped into a 1987 Dodge D150 pickup. This was about ten years ago and the truck belonged to one of my customers at the time.

An older gentleman I used to work with (he retired a year ago) is swapping a Gen 1 HEMI into a 1950s Ford F1 pickup. He is building that engine from 2-3 HEMIs that he had laying around for past few decades. The truck is a ground up restoration too, in a blue color from a newer Ford Fusion, supposedly. Hopefully he can finish it and I could check it out one day. Have yet to see it in person, but heard about it a lot from him and other coworkers who had a chance to see the truck.

Had to think about the subject for a minute. Around the mid 90's my brother was a tow truck driver and one night they impounded a Fiero with a nitrous fed small block with all the bells and whistles. That thing had to be a fun to drive.

1966 Ford pickup with the 330 and TH400 from an early 442. The little 330 Olds had surprising power, and he used some kind of Wyoming Tech modification sheet for the trans that made it get half sideways when it hit second.

My wife and I visited her aunt and her husband in San Francisco in the late seventies. Their one and only car was an early sixties Rover with a small block Ford V8 in it. This was only done to keep the car on road not for any performance reasons.

Saw a early 70's Opel GT with a v8 and blower; having owned an Opel Rally 1900 of the same vintage, it is not clear how the chassis handled it.

Let's try to keep this limited to automotive engines and automobiles. Also, I'd rather exclude the LS/Vortec engine because they get put in anything and everything.

Probably the strangest one I've seen was a Cadillac 500 cu in V8 swapped into a 1987 Dodge D150 pickup. This was about ten years ago and the truck belonged to one of my customers at the time.
The cadillac 500 was a popular swap into K5 blazers back in the early 2000s for crawling.

I would love to do an i6 pickup engine into something.

When the German car and bike manufacturer NSU was around, its advanced and very futuristic Ro80 sedan had a troubleprone Wankel engine. Lots of Ro80s eventually had Ford "Cologne" V-4s swapped into them to replace the Wankel. That V-4 was distantly related to the V-6 that was later offered in some North American Fords including the last of the old Rangers.

I'd love to see someone LS swap a Tesla!

Back in the 90's, shortly after GM discontinued the Chevy Sprint (small, 3 or 5 hatchback) a guy in my city successfully married a 5 door Sprint to the engine of from a late 80's-early 90's Acura Integra.

He then created a modified badge and called it the "Sprintegra".
Considering how light those cars were, it probably flew with that 4 cyl 1.8 (usually equipped with a 3 cyl 1.0).

Back