What Is The Purpose Of A 12 AA Cell Large Flashlight ?

Thanks. Maybe you can help me out. The link says, "3-16 C&D Cells Maglite Flashlight".

Does this mean these bulbs will work with ANY Maglite that has anywhere from 3 to 16 batteries? Be they "C" or "D" Cells. Either or, mix or match?
Mix or max cell types?? Never seen that.

The will work if the base matches and they use C or D batteries. They work fine in my D cell as I stated.

Mix or max cell types?? Never seen that.

The will work if the base matches and they use C or D batteries. They work fine in my D cell as I stated.
I should have been more clear. What I meant was will these bulbs work with any "C" or "D" Cell Maglite flashlight, regardless of the number of batteries it holds?

What I meant was will these bulbs work with any "C" or "D" Cell Maglite flashlight, regardless of the number of batteries it holds?
They should. If you look at replacement bulbs directly on Maglite's website, they have very few bulbs needed. If the flashlight uses 2 C batteries or 6 D batteries, same bulb, it appears.

They should. If you look at replacement bulbs directly on Maglite's website, they have very few bulbs needed. If the flashlight uses 2 C batteries or 6 D batteries, same bulb, it appears.
Not really, because it's the reason I wondered about this. I have a spare Maglite "Krypton" bulb, and it specifically states, "For Alkaline Battery 6 Cell Maglites". And I remember if you put a 4 Cell bulb in a 6 Cell Maglite it wouldn't last very long, and it would burn out sooner.

Evidently this isn't as important with the new LED bulbs for the same application.

****, I was just looking at their site a couple days ago and could have sworn they used 1-2 bulbs across most of their lights but maybe I was looking at something else....

Makes for a good weapon for hitting someone in the head.
I'm sure in years gone by, before "wokeness" took over our society, they were used by several cops to help "subdue" many unruly suspects. Just like in 1968, when the Democratic National Convention taught cops on the Chicago Police Department how to use nightsticks.

Both my Zenith portable radios use D batterys. The Trans Oceanantic uses 6 D cells and the AM Royal also uses 6 D cells. They usually last two to three years.
Both radios have qxcellent sound and have such a nice feel to them. Very smooth without any static.
il_794xN.4188797625_llbx.jpg

****, I was just looking at their site a couple days ago and could have sworn they used 1-2 bulbs across most of their lights but maybe I was looking at something else....
You might be right today. My Maglight is late 70's, early 80's vintage. That's why I was wondering about all of this. I'm going to take a chance and buy the same bulbs Pablo did. We'll see what happens.

I think they will fit and work. The only question is how bright, and for how long?

The ol' terralux, niteize, and nightstars were pretty good. They are gone but still available from some stores until inventory goes poof. I guess the chicom knock-offs took over.

Problem with LED is heat. So, a good output requires some sort of heatsinking to keep the LED from burning out. Otherwise, it'll be a low output LED on a 'bulb base' for easy swapping.

cell extensions...

Glass/skull breakers

My 30+ year old maglites have some interesting extras. They just keep on ticking. I haven't seen the need to get new flashlights when my ancient plastic/chromed/anodized radioshack/rayovac/eveready/maglites.... still work great and have pretty good battery life with a simple LED bulb swap.

Back