Amazing flashlight deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbor Freight is selling a modified version of their standard 9 LED pocket flashlight. The new version has a single high power Led and kicks out 60 lumens. $1.99 and works very well. I will post pix when/if I figure out how. Description appears below:

Black aluminum casing
Pushbutton on/ off switch
1 inch diameter by 3 1/4 inches long
Takes 3 AAA batteries ( included )
Can be identified by the single yellow LED inside the lens.

I may buy 20 bucks worth to have a lifetime supply of pocket flashlights.

Dollar Tree has a little flashlight that I really like has a single LED with a convex lens and you can spotlight or flood.. takes 2 AA batteries. I bought 3 of them. No idea on lumens. No idea how they make money on selling it for $1.

Originally Posted By: Oldtom
I will post pix when/if I figure out how. Description appears below:

Click reply, then click the box with the blue up arrow on it. Should be easy from there.

I keep forgetting that there is a relatively new Harbor Freight not too far from my work and I think I owe it to myself to stop in there and see what they're all about.

I bought about a dozen little aluminum LED flashlights from Target at least 5-6 years ago and scattered them around the house. A couple of them failed fairly quickly, but the rest are still going strong and are quite useful. Some might still be on their original batteries, I know I have changed them in the ones in the kitchen and basement as they get a lot of use.
I do keep a more rugged little flashlight in the garage as it gets some rough use...I also bought a monster mega-lumen flashlight after something really weird was happening in my woods one night and I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on with the flashlights I had. That monster was very useful when we had bears attacking our birdfeeders in the middle of the night (left them out too late in the spring), they didn't like that blinding light in their eyes and left...but, I almost had a heart attack the first time I used it. My daughter came in from parking her car terrified by noises in the woods, I ran out and switched the beast on and immediately saw two glowing green eyes quite close to me...a deer, of course.

I carry this Surefire every day. I take my flashlights seriously. I wouldn't advocate actually carrying a $2 flashlight. Maybe something for the kids to play with or place them all around the house so you always have one handy.

surefire.png

60 lm output from three AAA cells isn't much by today's standards, but it's certainly usable around the house, especially at the $1.99 price. Depending on how those AAA cells are configured, you may be able to run that light on a single Li-ion cell as well and get even better output.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I keep forgetting that there is a relatively new Harbor Freight not too far from my work and I think I owe it to myself to stop in there and see what they're all about.

I bought about a dozen little aluminum LED flashlights from Target at least 5-6 years ago and scattered them around the house. A couple of them failed fairly quickly, but the rest are still going strong and are quite useful. Some might still be on their original batteries, I know I have changed them in the ones in the kitchen and basement as they get a lot of use.
I do keep a more rugged little flashlight in the garage as it gets some rough use...I also bought a monster mega-lumen flashlight after something really weird was happening in my woods one night and I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on with the flashlights I had. That monster was very useful when we had bears attacking our birdfeeders in the middle of the night (left them out too late in the spring), they didn't like that blinding light in their eyes and left...but, I almost had a heart attack the first time I used it. My daughter came in from parking her car terrified by noises in the woods, I ran out and switched the beast on and immediately saw two glowing green eyes quite close to me...a deer, of course.

Oops, forgot to mention that the Target flashlights were $1 each...made it easy to forgive the roughly 1 in 6 infant mortality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back