What is the mileage you normally run an OCI?

What time intervals?
LOL, editing it to explain as you posted this.

But a breakdown from my sig vehicles is:
  • '18 Santa Fe is changed every 5,000 miles due to warranty reasons.
    Warranty states 3,750 miles for severe duty, 7,500 miles for "normal", or every 6 months.
    I am usually at 5000 miles in 4-5 months, so that works best for me.
    Once out of warranty, I will probably do 7,500 mile intervals.
  • '18 Soul is every 6 months for warranty, usually less than 3,000 miles (lots of short trips).
    Will go to 5,000 miles when warranty is up.
  • '12 Scion is every 5,000 miles (about 14 months).
  • '10 Santa Fe is 7,500 miles.
    Mostly highway, but vehicle is high mileage, so I really don't want to go past 7,500 miles.
  • '04 F150 was every 6 months.
    This truck is short tripped and has had metal shavings in filter every change since I have started servicing it. 6 months was about 4,000 miles.
    I recently decided to change it to an annual change though, it is not driven much at all lately due to health issues of my brother in law (has < 400 miles in the past 6 months).
  • '02 F150 is annual'ish. I change it every 12-18 months.
    Not driven much (2,000-3,000 a year), uses a qt every 1,000 miles, but have had issues with moisture buildup.
    I have debated on my next change just doing a "continuous" oil change on it (only adding oil when low, not draining oil or changing filter (Fram Ultra)) for a 5 year run.
  • '94 Goldwing, doing a 3,000 mile interval due to short tripping (I am planning on extending this to 5,000 miles once I start doing more long trips with it).

Last edited:
Once a year or whenever I get bored. 🏁

I may turn into one of those that will change the oil whenever it appears to be turning dark or black.

My other extreme would be, just run it out to 10k, it will be fine...

5K Normally. Trying to find a good oil for a TGDI that can handle 5K as well. Its just easy to remember, and on NA engines it doesn't stretch the oil. I don't go by time.

I base my OCI on mileage not time. I have three vehicles and use is spread among them. Usually 4-5k and it can take a year or two sometimes to accrue that mileage..

I only put about 4000 miles a year, if that, on my Pilot, so its once a year.

Back