What fuel are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just use regular E0 in my OPE and motorcycle. I keep a 30 gallon drum with a pump for my gasoline supply. I live rural and use a fair amount of gas for OPE, Lawnmowers, etc. I just fill the bike from it as well. When I take the drum to town and fill it, I throw in a couple of bottles of Amsoil Quickshot to treat it.

My Caddy lives on E10 and my 3/4 ton pickup lives on E85.

Diesel with up to 20% bio for my diesel needs.

Ethanol free regular in all my lawn equipment ,generator, pressure washer and antique motorcycles. Never had ethanol type carb problems. I drain the fuel tanks and carbs for winter storage.

I run regular ethanol blended fuel in my OPE. Every 20L jerry is mixed with stabil as it might sit a week or a month. So far no issues but I do swap this fuel out for storing. My Chainsaw is barely used so it gets trufuel and my trimmer and blower are stored with trufuel. My snowblower and mowers get a healthier dose of stabil for storage.

I've been running E15, sold at QT around here for about a year. I realize many of you wouldn't do that, but my Mazda runs quite well on it and fuel economy hasn't been noticeably reduced compared to the standard E10. E15 is 88 octane here.

Originally Posted by Malo83
2017 Buick Regal GS, Chevron 91
2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ, Shell 89
1983 Chevy Silverado, ARCO 87

Ummm, this is a small engine subforum.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Exxon or Shell regular in cars, trucks, both mowers … Tru Fuel or Stihl E0 pre mix high octane in the chainsaw …

Have to update this … my nearby Shell has switched to Citgo … so now mostly Exxon. A Sunoco also just opened (formerly not common here) so that just became my change of chemistry fill …

Originally Posted by DBMaster
I've been running E15, sold at QT around here for about a year. I realize many of you wouldn't do that, but my Mazda runs quite well on it and fuel economy hasn't been noticeably reduced compared to the standard E10. E15 is 88 octane here.

And it's been okay in your OPE? I noticed my Caliber seemed to like it better than the regular E10 87, but been leery of trying it on the mower. But yeah, I can mirror what you're saying. Little bit cheaper, runs great, no real difference in mileage.

I use 91 no alcohol for the BMW and all the ope as much as possible. I seem to have no issues. I use a 40 yea old lawnboy with plastic carb and varnish cork float, it is NOT alcohol compatible. Everything else is.

Rod

Originally Posted by TiredTrucker
I just use regular E0 in my OPE and motorcycle.

I thought ethanol blended fuels were the best thing since sliced bread?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by TiredTrucker
I just use regular E0 in my OPE and motorcycle.

Yes, amazing. You sure you didn't make a typo leaving out a few digits, meaning instead to post E100? You're losing out on all those legislative guaranteed market and pricing for ethanol if you use E0 plus all those tax benefits you post about. Weren't you the one who posted you couldn't care less why E85 is at its current price in your area Tired Troller? How can you not be fully supporting keeping soda prices low and all those other spinoff industrial benefits so graciously granted to us by the legislatively supported fuels ethanol industry?

Do you know conventional gasoline blended with MTBE, ETBE, or TAEE would have oxygenates to lower emissions especially for carbureated engines and zero issues with phase seperation, yet still be E0?

Last edited:
Small batches of E 10 regular. mixed at oily 32:1 universal oil. MMO added at gas tank. Berryman's Chem tool at whim. Theres a limit to how much I'll fool with a carb I can replace for 12$. I've evolved
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back