What does your drive to work consist of?

I work from home and have a company car because I travel 3 times per month.

I don’t like traveling unless I have to have a face to face meeting.

Nine miles of divided four-lane road that unfortunately connects a bunch of neighborhoods to three intersecting highways that are main arteries into DC. So it's nine miles of frustration dealing with people who are not making driving their first priority.

46 miles, one way.

Dixon, TN - Nashville Airport. All except about 5 miles is expressway.

Helps that I leave at 0400. Takes 42 min.

Going home, I leave at 1630, so it can take up to an hour or more if traffic is bad.

Thankfully Mrs. Pifer’s commute is only about 30 miles. She works on the west side of Nashville.

46 miles, one way.

Dixon, TN - Nashville Airport. All except about 5 miles is expressway.

Helps that I leave at 0400. Takes 42 min.

Going home, I leave at 1630, so it can take up to an hour or more if traffic is bad.

Thankfully Mrs. Pifer’s commute is only about 30 miles. She works on the west side of Nashville.

Sometimes you got to travel for the good jobs.

When I did field service I was driving 500-700 miles per week.

18 miles on rural roads or 24 miles on state hwy / interstate. Last 1/4 mile is city. 35 minutes on average. I would not want a longer commute.

I’m on a hybrid schedule now, so three days a week I drive 23 miles each way in suburban Philly. I choose country back roads and generally have no traffic issues. I take the 2017 Explorer…

80 mile round trip from the outskirts of Buffalo to Niagara Falls NY. 60 of which is all 55-65mph interstate. In good weather it's 45min. A bit of hills, twists, turns, etc but fortunately only a few stop lights/signs. Most of which is odd hours too, so very little traffic. It's ideal for max fuel economy. I saw 19-23mpg averages with my Pentastar and Hemi powered Ram 1500s. Same with my new 2022 Nissan Frontier.

I get in the car and start crying for 20 minutes, then once on the way I smoke 2 joints and consume a 3 beers on my 6 mile drive to work. No not really, I have been retied for 23 years and do not smoke nor drink adult beverages.

Many people in my area commute 100m 1 way to the los Angeles and san Diego areas. I have known a few that did the 200m 1 way to Vegas but they often stay a night or 2 then come home.

A 1 hour, ~46mile drive into downtown Chicago. I leave at 5am to make it to work at 6am where I will normally only get the very start of the morning slow traffic

Driving home though, that's a different story. Leaving the office after 2pm usually results in a 2 hour drive home.

16 mile or about 30min one way of morning drive, within the same county; it entails: ride out of the neighborhood to state route, to interstate, then to state route again, keep sttraigh few more moments and my place of employment will be on the left hand side

8 miles of suburban 2, 4 and 6 lane roads with ill-timed traffic lights, followed by 14 miles of I- 75 Central Expressway, which is like the Daytona 500 one day, and a parking lot the next. Some days I travel the 14 mile portion on the train.

Back