There should be a national law permitting euthanizing animals fatally injured by vehicle hitting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah ok.

Again. You do what you're gonna do, I'll do what I'm gonna do.
You euthanize an animal, you then have a responsibility to dispose of the animal. Are you willing to do that?You can't leave a dead animal laying there that has been pumped with chemicals unless you want all the nibblers in the wild to die also. Atleast a law enforcement officer will arrange for the carcass to be disposed of.

Happened to me once. I was following a work truck and this deer ran in front of it and got hit full force. As it flew through the air I saw a broken leg flailing. It landed off to the side of the road, which was lightly travelled and out in the middle of nowhere. Both of us drivers stopped. I asked the guy if he had a gun. He didn't. Deer was in obvious panic, totally freaked out, stunned and unable to move. I wasn't far from home and so I drove back to the house and got my .357 Smith & Wesson. Came back to the scene and the deer was still there. As I approached it bolted down the hillside, it's broken back leg flailing all directions. Had it stayed there I would have shot it in the head without regret. But since it got up and tumbled down the hillside I left it to nature instead.

This is coming from a guy who hates to see wasps desperately trying to stay alive in those liquid filled traps you hang in the yard. I can't even look at them when I walk by. My wife takes care of that business.

Scott

Last edited:
A couple weeks ago a guy in a Ram pickup ran over a family of Canada geese crossing the road. I saw them crossing, and I drove into the oncoming lane and flashed my brites, but he just plowed through them, severely injuring one. I'm no Canada goose fan, but this is criminal driving. I moved the big goose off the road into some leaves, and I turned and burned and chased that $%^%& down and pulled him over by forcing him off the road. I was livid and asked him what he was thinking and why he did that. He just sat in his car. I said get out of here and I pulled my nose away from his fender. I am pissed just thinking about this again.

Life is precious. We are animals - don't forget.
We all eat love, sleep and play in our own ways;
Four Legged and furry or two legged and stinky.

Use you brakes where and when safe to do so to save life.
- Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back