What does everyone on here do for a living?

It's complicated....

75% CEO electronics company.... my 60 hour a week gig.

10% landlord - I have rental property I manage.

5% external consultant 2-3 times a year someone pays me for advice about products, analyze territories/ sales plans, or the television business at large. I help people start up businesses, get websites built, hire people...

5% rentals - various high tech products.

5% fiberglass Sprinter parts
Slacker...

Meter service representative
AKA, Meter Reader
I'm supposedly "Here for you, here with you™️"

I read meters, inspect for leaks, install and repair automatic reading, pipe inspections, investigate customer complains and high bill complaints

Wandering the streets of Brooklyn and Queens 🤣

Sometimes I moonlight digging in the street, or drive the meter reading car, as needed

I pride myself on being the jack off all trades :D

It'll be 4 years I'm at this next month

I am a project manager for a very large outfit. I often get deployed as a project liason officer. I'm on standby 24/7 and may occasionally go dark for weeks or months. I'd love to be a full-time surf bum. I manage to squeeze in surf vacations a couple times a year but I also live just a couple miles from the ocean. 🏄

I am a project manager for a very large outfit. I often get deployed as a project liason officer. I'm on standby 24/7 and may occasionally go dark for weeks or months. I'd love to be a full-time surf bum. I manage to squeeze in surf vacations a couple times a year but I also live just a couple miles from the ocean. 🏄
I lived in Santa Cruz for 12 years several blocks from the boardwalk. While I am not a surfer I do dive and enjoyed loading the car up with the gear and in less than 30 minutes was 30feet plus under the water . I also did the unthinkable and often dove alone ... I guess the great whites weren’t hungry those times 😂

I lived in Santa Cruz for 12 years several blocks from the boardwalk. While I am not a surfer I do dive and enjoyed loading the car up with the gear and in less than 30 minutes was 30feet plus under the water . I also did the unthinkable and often dove alone ... I guess the great whites weren’t hungry those times 😂
Every couple years a shark will nibble on a surfboard, on a kayak, or on an appendage around here. I barely ever see sharks but they are out there. In Costa Rica they have mostly tiger and bullsharks, more so during the rainy season. That's of course when the conditions are best for surfing. 🦈

Growing up surfing on the Texas coast - I now realize I should of been in emergency response … Us and them were the only ones driving towards the hurricane 😷

My brother owned and operated Comprehensive Mechanics on the west side, off Bay and Mission.

I have been jobless for 2 months. This is the first time I never had a job. Not on unemployment either. The future is unclear at this time.
82c10,

Very sorry about that. I worked in your area- a tough place, which is a shame as the area has lots of infrastructure. If I remember correctly, that Shop Vac factory is or has shut down in your area.

Williamsport has a really neat employer- I had the opportunity to tour the facility. Williamsport has a aircraft engine testing/ rebuilding center, it has been there for many years. Lycoming engines. produces a line of horizontally opposed, air-cooled, four, six and eight-cylinder engines including the only FAA-certified aerobatic and helicopter piston engines on the market.

Might be worth a trip to their human resources office.

82c10,

Very sorry about that. I worked in your area- a tough place, which is a shame as the area has lots of infrastructure. If I remember correctly, that Shop Vac factory is or has shut down in your area.

Williamsport has a really neat employer- I had the opportunity to tour the facility. Williamsport has a aircraft engine testing/ rebuilding center, it has been there for many years. Lycoming engines. produces a line of horizontally opposed, air-cooled, four, six and eight-cylinder engines including the only FAA-certified aerobatic and helicopter piston engines on the market.

Might be worth a trip to their human resources office.

I appreciate the kind words. I guess I’m just not sure what I want to do. There will be no more retail for me. I just can’t deal with the general public anymore. I’ve had several shops ask me to turn wrench again. But the dishonesty is terrible and I have morals. I’ve considered a factory job, maybe loading fedex trucks. Someone told me to wait a little while and let it find you. For now I’m just doing things at home. Someone left me a 56’ Caddy to work on for them.

I appreciate the kind words. I guess I’m just not sure what I want to do. There will be no more retail for me. I just can’t deal with the general public anymore. I’ve had several shops ask me to turn wrench again. But the dishonesty is terrible and I have morals. I’ve considered a factory job, maybe loading fedex trucks. Someone told me to wait a little while and let it find you. For now I’m just doing things at home. Someone left me a 56’ Caddy to work on for them.

How old are you ?

What was your previous career field ?

Back