What does everyone on here do for a living?

33+ years at the same major aerospace and defense company. ME, test & systems engineering involved in space, commercial aircraft and fighter aircraft R&D and test programs. Seen many one of a kind systems and hardware (most successful, a few not) which always made it interesting and challenging - the main reason for staying at one company so long. Plus I like working with new people involved in the various programs, probably met and worked at various levels with 100s of people over the years. Some of the programs had 300-400 people working on them - lots of skilled and awesome people.

That and more. Things like geographically separated, duplicate data centers. We had a product set where one data center could literally be blown to pieces, but the second data center would take over in a few seconds or less, not losing a single transaction or any part of the workload. The workload was “mirrored“ on both data centers and was fully up to date on both. Other than a momentary delay of only a very few seconds, say 5 or 6, the end user wouldn’t know anything happened.

Scott
😲

Assistant Principal, K5-8th school school.

When students are sent to the principal's office for 'misbehaving', what happens in this modern age?
when I was in public school it was kindergarten through 6, then 7 through 9, then 10-12.

Had to keep those "hormonally challenged and confused" Junior High teens segregated!

When students are sent to the principal's office for 'misbehaving', what happens in this modern age?
when I was in public school it was kindergarten through 6, then 7 through 9, then 10-12.

Had to keep those "hormonally challenged and confused" Junior High teens segregated!
I went to 7- 12 when I was in FL and moved to NV which was 7- 9 when a was a freshman. The 7- 12 straightened out the punks as the big kids didn't take any crap and provided some discipline. 7-12 was better in my opinion.

Depends on the situation. I may suspend or in-school suspend the student. We problem solve and get the parents involved in the process. I love the kids. Teachers & parents are the ones that drive me crazy. I work with over 100 women... :) Lots of feelings.

I went to 7- 12 when I was in FL and moved to NV which was 7- 9 when a was a freshman. The 7- 12 straightened out the punks as the big kids didn't take any crap and provided some discipline. 7-12 was better in my opinion.
Never thought of that aspect; Good observation.

When I was being bullied in Jr High - as I was a 'quiet boy' - I decided to act insane and enraged flipping cafeteria tables and chairs over when approached, and they left me alone after that.
"Whoa, they dude is whacked, forget it!"

Retired now but was a supervisor in a power plant. But I spent 40 years in the chemical industrial and power industry. Last 27 was in a power plant. Retired at 60.

I have almost always been a auto mechanic. I did win a contest and went to a truck driving school. I have a class A license still but hardly ever use it. I was the AC guy at a small shop until last year when my boss retired and shut the shop down. I am now doing heavy equipment maintenance and repairs....I absolutely hate this job!

Back