What does everyone on here do for a living?

After military and college, 32 years in wholesale lube sales. Retired, occasionally helping friends with their small businesses when needed.

Used to make one or two line of code changes per week and writing reports about them the rest of the week.
Now, going to meeting and talk to people to buy time for my team, or asking around so we know where to change, or explain to people where did we change.

Embedded software and hardware can be hard to debug, and sometimes management want to tweak logics to get around silicon bugs, actually they prefer that than tossing millions of chips away and wait 6 months.

I hate meetings.

Last edited:
Short answer: herd cats, make my boss look really good, and count the days until retirement.

Long answer: a sort of statistical reporting. It's not heavy statistics, but a lot of number-crunching. The good part is that I've been working with my boss in one form or another for over 15 years so we work well together -- to the point where 99% of the time we know what the other is thinking or going to say. The bad part is that we're the only two who seem to know what's going on, and it's not for lack of trying to transfer knowledge/train new people -- hence the 'herding cats' comment.

Parts counterman at a small but busy GM/Chrysler dealership in central Louisiana.

ps be nice to your parts people and never forget your WE OWE paper if you promise something or parts/service will hate you 😆
Howdy neighbor. I live in Avoyelles Parish as well. I'm a couple of towns (actually a village) from you (Mansura).
Are you at the Bunkie dealership, or the one in Lecompte. There are a few dealerships in Alexandria.
BTW, I'm retired.

Last edited:
Hauling food in Chicago area with a tractor trailer. Very challenging job. You are my hero!
95% of our stops are on 53 foot trailers. We try to get there after the shooting is over. Found this in our yard during my pre-trip!!!
72CE5051-40C5-4E27-B7C3-6E6DE95CCA94.jpeg

Mechanical Engineer by degree, currently working at an aerospace contractor. Currently lead mechanical on an acoustic program to treat a payload adapter on future missions with acoustic panels/resonators, as well as a supporting role in manufacturing/test support on another project in which we are building/testing three unique electromechanical boxes (over a dozen total) to be installed in a next generation space plane/shuttle.

Back