What do you use for maintenance records?

I'm wondering the different ways people keep track of their maintenance and costs on their vehicles?

-Pen and paper? (I did it this way for years, to bad I can never find my lil booklets, lol)
-App? Any good suggestions on basic ones (I don't need fuel graphs etc, many seem to have way to much info!)?
-memory?

I'm just trying to find a good way to keep track of stuff (more so I know when I need to do it next.)

Mopar’s owner connect app.
3F993C2F-7BFE-4E28-B558-018E92F572BA.png

I use Autosist. Truthfully, the app does need some polishing but overall I think it's fine for what I'm asking it to do. I love the Service History Report you can print out that compiles all the entries into a nice PDF with the a picture, the VIN, current milage etc. plus the receipts from each change.

YMMV.

Use a small spiral notebook and a pocketed file folder.
Keep the file folder in the file cabinet in my office.
List everything in the notebook, and file receipts in the file pocket.
When I sell the vehicle, the whole file pocket goes with the car.
I have been told by people who have purchased my cars when I sold them, that my record keeping was a factor in their decision.

I use to enter info into a spiral notebook.
Date .... Mileage .... Work completed

Now I have a 3-ring notebook (printed in Excel) listing each Vehicle System and I can easily see what was done when, and the history.

Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (11)_LI.jpg

Pen, Paper, and receipts when I can remember...though out of warranty receipts aren't that important.
More for my knowledge, but I guess it might help with resale if you can show how well its been maintained with quality parts/oil/etc.

I keep a small notebook in each car and enter in work as I go. At various times I'll transfer the data into Excel. Nothing fancy.

We record every fillup too, so that goes into Excel also.

I'm wondering the different ways people keep track of their maintenance and costs on their vehicles?

-Pen and paper? (I did it this way for years, to bad I can never find my lil booklets, lol)
-App? Any good suggestions on basic ones (I don't need fuel graphs etc, many seem to have way to much info!)?
-memory?

I'm just trying to find a good way to keep track of stuff (more so I know when I need to do it next.)

iPhone … picture of the material used in front of that vehicle … and a shot of the odometer …
The photos are dated …
Also zero OLM for motor oil …

Excel...that's what I use.

DATE followed by TASK followed by COST. I keep receipts in a separate envelope

As far as fuel consumption goes, I keep a small spiral notebook in the door pocket.

DATE followed by ODO followed by VOLUME PUMPED followed by COST.
Note 1: Enter ODO only with a fill-up.
Note 2: I tally monthly for cars and bimonthly for the trucklette. I fill-up the day I get my plates thus inaugurating my data book. That date is the tally day for the life of my vehicles. Currently the car is the 26th, trucklette is the 10th. It entertains me.
Note 3: The Excel sheet gets a "delta" (miles that month), mpg and $/gal. columns.
I also include a notes column. Long or multiple highway trips, COVID-19 lock-downs and snowfalls are noted.

And heaven's yes, thorough records and receipts help sell a vehicle but there'll always be someone who will question their truthfulness.

HISTORY:
One fellow wanted me to buy a vehicle report from some company I never heard of. I declined.
One jerky boy actually said, "Show me the CARFAX". After cramping my face in order to suppress mocking laughter I "sincerely" handed him a pencil and paper and instructed him to copy the VIN and to go to CARFAX himself so he'd know the report was not doctored by me.
Than I educated him on the deficiencies and large cost of CARFAX. It used to be a monthly subscription but now it's, what, 3 cars per payment?

Back