What Do You Shave With?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shave when I am in the shower with the cheapest shaving cream and Shick twin blade razor.
Very close shave and no mess to clean up.

In the shower with Gillette Gel and an Gillette M3 Power (green) blade on a regular Gillette handle. I change the blade once a month, usually on the 15th. My wife uses the same razor for her legs.

I don't shave from Friday to Sunday - shaving four days a week is lots.

Right now I have a Sensor Excel and Personna 3 blade cheap blades. When I can afford them again I'll get the Sensor blades again. I have Barbasol right now.

I use Gillette Sensor Excel with whatever gel I have (this time it's, I think, Edge) if I have enough time in the morning. Otherwise, I use my Norelco electric shaver which takes 1 minute instead of 3 minutes for the razor.

Used a safety razor for decades (better dig it out I think in hindsight, might make a pyramid for it too).

Bought a Mach III a few years ago liked it. Went through a few sets of blades, and tried a quattro...clogs the silly blade openings like you wouldn't believe, and the Mach III does a way better job.

If I'm going out, will lather with shaving soap and brush, prior to shower.

Normal rush is to shave dry, post shower.

Electrics that I've tried take forever sawing at even a day's growth.

Or I could get the straight razor that I found in the shed sharpened.

plastic disposable gillette blades (double) with cheapest gilette foam

shave mon, wed, fri, after shower. i'm a pretty hairy dude so i sport a 5 o clock shadow the next day. but this way i don't get irritated skin. one disposable lasts me a fortnight

tried braun and philips electric ones - take forever and cut too close.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: moribundman
Posting in a thread with a hairy topic was a mistake!

LOL.gif
I figured you'd bite.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Shouldn't those cold winters stimulate beard growth?
wink.gif

The elk fur keeps us warm so there's no need for any extra hair!

Schick Slim Twin razors and I use ivory bar soap lather for shaving cream. I shave in the shower and I don't shave on weekends or vacations if I can help it. (This could be cross-posted to the cheapskate thread.)

I have a very full beard and shave everyday unless I'm not going anywhere or on a fishing trip.

usually gillette super speed and/or fatboy adjustable,mug soap,boar brush,derby blades.
once in a while gels,mug creams,canned foam,disposable razor.
uaually in the shower.
the double edge blades are pretty cheap and the razors can be bought online new or used.i find i get a better shave with them,just takes a little adjusting of technique.

p.s. try badgerandblade.com if you are interested in the world of de/wetshaving.

Originally Posted By: urrlord
usually gillette super speed and/or fatboy adjustable,mug soap,boar brush,derby blades.
once in a while gels,mug creams,canned foam,disposable razor.
uaually in the shower.
the double edge blades are pretty cheap and the razors can be bought online new or used.i find i get a better shave with them,just takes a little adjusting of technique.

p.s. try badgerandblade.com if you are interested in the world of de/wetshaving.

I thought I recognized your screen name! And yes, Crew does remind me of Dallas...

Anyway, a better question is what don't I shave with.

Straight razor, Merkur HD, Parker 22R, some Superspeeds, Dovo Shavette, and my personal favorite, my brass handled Merkur Trac II.

Soaps, creams, I use them all.

Thought I'd revive this old thread and pass on a money saving tip to the Gillette Fusion users. I've been a dedicated Fusion user since getting a free one in the mail a few years ago but always grumble about the price of replacement blades until I read about the Personna Magnum M5 on a shaving website. It's identical to the Fusion and is sold at WalMart. The handle and three blades cost $5.88 and the 4 pack replacement blades are also $5.88, compared to $13.27 for 4 Fusion blades. Used it for about a week now and am convinced they are every bit as good, or better than the Fusion for a huge savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back