Canadian minted King Charles III coins; limited offering

FYI: Canada's mint/treasury will mint coins with King Charles III's likeness; replacing that of the late Queen Elizabeth II.
However, the mint will start with quarters only featuring Charles' likeness during the month of December.
Come 2024, Charles' image will be substituted for QEII's on all relevant coins. I do not know if a UK monarch is on every Canadian coin as I'm not a coin collector per se.

So, if you'd like a small conversation piece, get your hands on one now.

I'd bop on up to Canada for one myself......if a near 900 mile round trip wasn't involved. Merry Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI: Canada's mint/treasury will mint coins with King Charles III's likeness; replacing that of the late Queen Elizabeth II.
However, the mint will start with quarters only featuring Charles' likeness during the month of December.
Come 2024, Charles' image will be substituted for QEII's on all relevant coins. I do not know if a UK monarch is on every Canadian coin as I'm not a coin collector per se.

So, if you'd like a small conversation piece, get your hands on one now.

I'd bop on up to Canada for one myself......if a near 900 mile round trip wasn't involved. Merry Christmas.
Hmm … I’m tipping well this morning with the old money
IMG_3362.jpeg
bcs I am not coming back to the GWN - next stop is E Med …

Thanks for the post. Yes, the one dollar coin ( the Loonie) will be a one month only special with King Charles on on 2023 version, then will change to 2024 date, so stock up on this collector item!

All Canadian coins had Queen Elizabeth on them, and eventually all the coins will have King Charles on them. Recall we have dropped the penny.

Recall we have dropped the penny.
Dropping the penny seemed like a daft idea at the time but I have to say I haven't missed them. Cash purchases get rounded to the nearest 5 cents and life goes on. Sometimes you lose a couple of cents, sometimes you gain them back. It would be different if you could buy anything for 1 cent.

I kept a stack of pennies for project work. Where could you get a penny size copper slug for only 1 cent?

Canada supposedly divorced royals a long time ago when became 'independent', if it's in the law then there are a few questions on legal status of the king and their faces and names on Canadian currency.

Thanks for the ad link but I wouldn't want to buy an uncirculated set.
I'd just want whichever Charles III coin is going to be minted this month as a one of.

So is it the quarter or the dollar coin?

Thanks for the ad link but I wouldn't want to buy an uncirculated set.
I'd just want whichever Charles III coin is going to be minted this month as a one of.

So is it the quarter or the dollar coin?
Looks like all the coins will be available for the month of December. The $2, $1, 25 cents, 10 cents and 5 cents.

Canada supposedly divorced royals a long time ago when became 'independent', if it's in the law then there are a few questions on legal status of the king and their faces and names on Canadian currency.
Canada is a constitutional monarchy. The king of the United Kingdom, currently King Charles III, is also Canada's head of state. So there's that.

Could that change? Sure, if all the provinces and the federal government agree that we should do so and agree on how to select a new head of state. So, no it will never happen.

As someone who has just sifted through about 100 lbs of coins, coin collection, etc., full of junk from the Danbury Mint and other crap bought off of TV during shows on a network of shows from the 60's and 70's, I have to say.....

Who gives a crap.

The Danbury Mint should be bombed into oblivion for stealing money from elderly people.

You want to know what coins I sold for more than face value? Coins that had at least 40% silver in them. I got $2.50 for 65-69 half dollars and 10X face value for all silver coins prior to 1965.

I got $25 for Morgan Silver dollars.

I have a bunch of uncirculated 1979 Susan B Anthony dollars, FG/S, I get told by the coin buyers they are worth no more than $2 each, then I go to fleabay and see people trying to sell them for $2500. What's the truth?

What's the truth?
1) Buy low + sell high, is one. ...more a credo than a truth
2) There's a sucker born every minute, is one many bank on.
3) Caveat emptor, is another good one.
4) A fool and his money are soon parted.
5) We selectively turn a blind eye to common truths. Hawkers are almost always thieves who steal by misrepresentation, is a good one too.

As someone who has just sifted through about 100 lbs of coins, coin collection, etc., full of junk from the Danbury Mint and other crap bought off of TV during shows on a network of shows from the 60's and 70's, I have to say.....

Who gives a crap.

The Danbury Mint should be bombed into oblivion for stealing money from elderly people.

You want to know what coins I sold for more than face value? Coins that had at least 40% silver in them. I got $2.50 for 65-69 half dollars and 10X face value for all silver coins prior to 1965.

I got $25 for Morgan Silver dollars.

I have a bunch of uncirculated 1979 Susan B Anthony dollars, FG/S, I get told by the coin buyers they are worth no more than $2 each, then I go to fleabay and see people trying to sell them for $2500. What's the truth?
I guess lots of things are potentially worth what an uninformed buyer will pay?
We have a box of this stuff from my MIL, and the scary thing is that were some solid gold coins mixed it with it! I think the cleaning lady/"friend" pocketed some of the valuable stuff in the last couple years, but there's nothing to do about it now.
Maybe we'll leave the box in the basement until our kids have to deal with it? :LOL: Maybe by then some of the worthless plated coins will have some better value as scrap?

I guess lots of things are potentially worth what an uninformed buyer will pay?
We have a box of this stuff from my MIL, and the scary thing is that were some solid gold coins mixed it with it! I think the cleaning lady/"friend" pocketed some of the valuable stuff in the last couple years, but there's nothing to do about it now.
Maybe we'll leave the box in the basement until our kids have to deal with it? :LOL: Maybe by then some of the worthless plated coins will have some better value as scrap?

Sadly, the cleaning lady, the shopping lady, etc., are the ones usually stealing from our elderly relatives. There's also an entire industry of people who scheme and plot "getting close" to your elderly relatives and take them for a ride.

I'm pretty sure a woman made friends with my grandmother and was not stealing from her, per se, but she was using her to assist with buying products for her household and most likely, buying stuff and then returning it to Sams/Walmart/etc. We found out my grandmother had a membership to Sam's... why does a little old lady living in a 650 sf apartment need a membership to Sam's?

Anyway, yes, I found some decent-worth coins mixed in with basic everyday change in this mess.

I hate people and companies that prey on older folks....

Back