What do you know about this VPR oil filter?

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I was checking prices and availability of oil filters for the Camry this morning and came across the VPR filter. I usually stick with TRD or Royal Purple, and this one is new to me. Does anyone know anything about these filters, such as who makes them, filtering specs and material of media, etc.

It's claimed that they're made in the U.S.A. and they appear to be identical; to the TRD and RP filters.

VPR Codes.JPG

VPR Box.JPG

I was checking prices and availability of oil filters for the Camry this morning and came across the VPR filter. I usually stick with TRD or Royal Purple, and this one is new to me. Does anyone know anything about these filters, such as who makes them, filtering specs and material of media, etc.

It's claimed that they're made in the U.S.A. and they appear to be identical; to the TRD and RP filters.

View attachment 123527
View attachment 123528
My guess is made by Champ Lans/First Brands. Looks to be synthetic media also. That’s my guess’s

My guess is made by Champ Lans/First Brands. Looks to be synthetic media also. That’s my guess’s
After posting I checked with Mr. Google. These seem to be made by Champion. From all that I can see, it appears that they'd be a good choice, certainly comparable to TRD and RP and especially since they are about $10.00 less expensive. Do you think it's a safe bet to order one?

Looks like the OG Ultra may be available in something other than an AAP Titanium! $15 is comparable to what a Titanium costs, might be a little more than the RP when bought in bulk (they're usually around $12.99 at royalpurpledirect).

Looks like the OG Ultra may be available in something other than an AAP Titanium! $15 is comparable to what a Titanium costs, might be a little more than the RP when bought in bulk (they're usually around $12.99 at royalpurpledirect).
Thanks for the royal purple direct info. I didn't know about them. The price for the Camry, including shipping, is pretty good, definitely better than Amazon and Walmart.

I have no interest in Fram.

After posting I checked with Mr. Google. These seem to be made by Champion. From all that I can see, it appears that they'd be a good choice, certainly comparable to TRD and RP and especially since they are about $10.00 less expensive. Do you think it's a safe bet to order one?

I would personally

The manufacturer responded to a Q on Amazon and indicated 99% @ 20um.
Thank you ... I totally forgot about checking for answered questions.

The VPR site claims that the filter material is cellulose and synthetic blend/mix, other places say it's fully synthetic.

Would be good to know efficiency , but it looks pretty well made. I noticed that the OP's pics had holes in the center tube, but the video filter has louvers. Construction must vary by filter number.

Looks just like Champ XL rebranded, even has the red o-ring like the Champ XL pentastar V6 cartridge filter I’ve been using.
Nope, the XL is synthetic blend. Just like the Champ Labs Mobil 1. Unless the XL cartridge has the white or pink Ultra 2 layer media & wire backing(?) The XL is still a good deal, though, RA has a really good price on the ones I’ve seen.

Thanks for the royal purple direct info. I didn't know about them. The price for the Camry, including shipping, is pretty good, definitely better than Amazon and Walmart.

I have no interest in Fram.
I have seen many 300,000 mile Toyotas that live on quick change oil and filters.

Last edited:
Back