What do you have lined up for spring/summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxlife 10w30 SM on deck for the Jeep. Filter still up in the air, I've been playing with several.

All the others will soon get Pennzoil 10w30 that I grabbed cheap at Kmart, no better time to use that up than summer.

Goes in this weekend. It's the latest "Dr. Haas Enzo" blend.

IMG_5514.jpg

Axi-5 quarts of 5w-30 G-Oil, and might top off with a half a liter of 5w-30 Motul 8100 Eco-clean that I have. Full line is 5.5 qrts. 5 qrts is a half way point.
Did ATF service a month ago. Will double check the ATF level. Ambient temperatures are in the 80's already, so checking it running at 80F will be a whole lot easier than it was in February. Top off the front differential--have a very slow seal leak, and I can't drop $400 to fix right now.

T&C will be going to the dealer in June/July (or sooner if OLM goes off). I got 4 free OC when I bought it and I intend to use them. Stocking up on MS6395 oil to use the freebies are gone.

My last OC on the Spectra had Maxlife, M500, and VWB. Ran like a champ.

Mystik JT-8 15W-40 for the Civic. No worries about cold starts in Atlanta. It runs a little smoother on 40wt and it seems to help its little piston slap too.

PYB 5W-30 for the 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE minivan 5K OCI
PP 10W-30 for the 2004 Volvo V70 2.5turbo stationwagon 7.5K OCI
Both are gettin K&N filters.

Last edited:
Going to stay with the blend in my sig for the foreseeable future. May use in my Mom's van as well. Not sure about my Son's Saturn yet....depends on how the usage is.

spring will run out the M1 5w-30. Summer will be 1 qt RedLine 0w-30, 1 qt M1 MX4T 10w-40 , 3 qts Rotella T6 5-40 'cause I like the franken blends, lol! this is for the Sonata w/a microgreen filter 4.8K mile OCI

Last week I put Mobil Clean 5000 5w-20 in our Fusion, with some leftover M1 0w-20 I had.

In a few weeks when the Focus hits 40,000 miles, I'll be using the Peak 5w-30 with Microguard filter I got for $5
wink.gif

F150 Just done at dealer. Canadian Motorcraft 5W20 ( anybody know who makes it? )
Subaru up next. PetroCanada Supreme 5W30

Already have it in my Camaro: 50/50 blend of M1 0w40 and M1 HM 5w30. This may seem like a strange combination, but I didn't want to sacrifice zddp content by using an SN-spec 30-weight in the blend. The additive contents from BITOG's VOA section are:

Element, 0w40, HM
Mo, 74, 72
B, 221, 92
Ca, 3003, 1014
Mg, 19, 737
P, 893, 925
Zn, 1023, 1005

The anti-wear additive contents are surprisingly similar between 0w40 and HM. The major difference is in detergency, with 0w40 depending on high Calcium, and HM uses Ca/Mg. The final viscosity of the blend ends up being right on the dividing line between 30 and 40-weight, and an HTHS right at 3.6.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Provi
In 2 weeks I am changing the oil in both cars and coming up in June/July I am changing the timing belt on the teg.

wow your integra uses an 820s?

The Beast right now has 1 quart MMO, 4 quarts PYB 10W-40 and one quart Napa Synthetic 10W-30.

I put it in March 1. Climate here is warm in spring, and this will also be the summer fill until October rolls around.

The cold weather just ended, and in Southern California you can get away with the heavier weights in spring and summer; I got a big stash of those quarts on sales of SM oil.

Come October the 5W-30 will be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back