What do you do with your old oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep it during the winter, then burn it in my diesel pickup truck during warm weather. I do this with gear lubes, too.

Originally Posted By: JOD
wow, am I the only one who gets his oil picked up during regular curbside recycling? That's a bit of a shocker. I put it out right next to my recycle bin in a gallon jug marked "used oil". 2 gallon limit per pick-up. They take recycled coolant as well.

They are supposed to take it here but I don't think the collection guy knows that! Has to be original container and no larger than 4L....that is a problem when everyone is now selling mostly 5L jugs! I tryed a few time and I think they took it once, wasn't worth the effort to fight about it so I just went back to trips to Safety Kleen once in a while.

Actually, just looking at the Regional site and it appears they have removed the pick-up option.

My commuity has a tank to put it in at the city drop-off lot.
They also have a bin for oil filter and "absorbant matterials" where I also put my oil bottles.

Originally Posted By: wiswind
My commuity has a tank to put it in at the city drop-off lot.
They also have a bin for oil filter and "absorbant matterials" where I also put my oil bottles.
That is a good idea. I wonder if a community does something like this does a recycler pay for the used oil or does the community have to pay a recycler to take it away?

It always comes out clean, so I drain it back into a jug.

Then I either use it for my lawnmower, or my friends take it for top-offs on their cars

Caution - Some bad language...

With that being said...

101, including proper disposal.

{removed video due to profanity which is against the rules!}

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back