What do you do for exercise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click the mouse and type. See, I'm exercising right now!
tounge2.gif

i deliver beer. anywhere from 600 to 1200 cases a day with a good 800 being the average. i havn't done the math but you can only run 7 cases into the store at a time on the hand truck so i would guestemate that i walk at least 2 miles a day and im just melting like a snowman. im pretty much running all day long from 5 in the morning till 1:30 or later in the afternoon, yesterday i worked from 5 till 4:30 on the move the whole time. afterwork its all couch and beer pounding time though. i have good blood pressure and my heart may be healthy but my gut aint.

I use Kettlebells,heavy hands,Bowflex,dumbells and strand pulling and walking. I have a treadmill and eleiptical but I seldom use them. I also have some tapes on breathing exercise's and yoga.

i ride atv's offroad for excersize. currently im learning how to jump singles and doubles. my best so far is a 18 foot tabletop. when you get it right its beautifull. but the next day i can sure feel it in my muscles, espically if i crash.

Usually I would ride my bike for about an hour. I also go swimming. Other than that I do a lot of walking around school campus. Take the stairs instead of elevator.

Walk 1/2 mile to the track run 3/4 of a mile and walk back the other 1/2. I'm upping the amount running by 1/4 every week or 2. My goal is to run a 5k marathon next spring.

Quote:

Walk 1/2 mile to the track run 3/4 of a mile and walk back the other 1/2. I'm upping the amount running by 1/4 every week or 2. My goal is to run a 5k marathon next spring.

Congratulations on walking and running and good luck with your goal.
However, 5k is 3.1 miles, a marathon is 26 miles 385 yards, or 42.195k.
I ran one when I was 17, I doubt I'll be attempting another any time soon....
shocked.gif

I garden, ride a bike, Kayak and stay active at home, At work I am up and down stairs and ladders throughout the day, I occasionally will run. But overall I lile to stay "active"

I practice yoga 3-5 times a week in 60-90 minute sessions. It really helps my posture, back problems have dissapeared and I gain mental clarity afterward.
I lifted wieghts for over 20 years, I have more than adequate strength so my strength training is mostly bodywieght movements now. At 36 I am focusing on maintaining mobility and fitness rather than ego driven goals.

I'm not expecting to any marathon.. don't think I'm that energtic
laugh.gif
They say you have to be able run at least twice whatever marathon your running. I'm shooting for a max goal of 5 miles which should be sufficent since MO/KS is fairly flat, other places with the hills 6 would be about right.

Wrenching on cars and painting houses keeps oddball muscles in shape, and keeps me flexible. Golf helps.
I use a 50 lb dumbell for various exercises.
Push ups, pulls ups, and dips make up the rest.
At 53, I can do over 60 pushups without stopping, and 20 pull ups.
Well, you asked!
I'm 6'2" and 215.

I used to cycle a lot but can't anymore.

With the rheumatoid arthritis and a bit of osteo arthritis thrown in as well, about the only thing I have found that helps me without hurting me is golf and walking.

Quote:

Wrenching on cars and painting houses keeps oddball muscles in shape, and keeps me flexible. Golf helps.
I use a 50 lb dumbell for various exercises.
Push ups, pulls ups, and dips make up the rest.
At 53, I can do over 60 pushups without stopping, and 20 pull ups.
Well, you asked!
I'm 6'2" and 215.

Wow! When I was younger I did a lot more. Had a regime three times per week. Each time was:

1/2 hour on exercise cycle
60 regular pushups in three sets
30 one handed pushups in 6 sets (3 per hand)
60 pullups in 6 sets (half chinups, half back of neck)
120 wrist curls with 20 lb dumbell (half each hand) some palm up, some palm down.

I weighed 185 lbs and had a 34" waist. Now I way 170 and have a 36" waist.

Back then I could cross the horizontal ladder bar at the park with my arms bent 90 degrees at the elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back