What ceramic coating or even wax would recommend for ultimate finish on black performante.

I'd say Optimum Gloss Coat is probably the easiest consumer coating and it's good for 2 years (ideally).

It's great but it still a spray-on product.
whether ceramic is sprayed on or wiped on, it’s the same SiO2 product. There may be some discussion of longevity depending on amount applied. But as always, “that depends” on many factors such as number of washes, whether it’s touchless or harsh, the detergents used, sitting outside, miles driven, and in and on. Clearly the 3 in 1 will last over a year without reapplication.

I use it on our aircraft. It holds up better than anything else. Better than that, it’s the fastest product by an order of magnitude.

Last edited:
I agree with @Cujet that Griot’s 3 in 1 ceramic is excellent. I spray it on everything, headlight lens, grill, paint etc. It beads water like nothing else - it simply flows off the surface.

That said I haven’t had an easy experience applying it. I’ve had to fight streaking each time. Maybe it’s the temp and/or humidity. I haven’t figured it out.

Last edited:
When I was married my wife drove a 91 Geo Prizm. We bought it new. The paint was called Champagne Rose Quartz.
She got into an accident and both front fenders and hood (plus other misc. front end parts) were replaced.
Long story short, the paint and body shop owner said that the paint contained 7 different colors/additives to get it back to factory paint. He gave us some "Butter Wax" in a plain container to use on her car. This was the easiest wax to apply/remove that I have ever used! I don't know which company made it, but I would really like to have some more.

If you want to DIY, try Gyeon Can Coat first. 6 month life, pretty forgiving to apply. Then use Griot’s to maintain.

If you really want to get wild, CarPro/Gyeon Mohs.

whether ceramic is sprayed on or wiped on, it’s the same SiO2 product. There may be some discussion of longevity depending on amount applied. But as always, “that depends” on many factors such as number of washes, whether it’s touchless or harsh, the detergents used, sitting outside, miles driven, and in and on. Clearly the 3 in 1 will last over a year without reapplication.

I use it on our aircraft. It holds up better than anything else. Better than that, it’s the fastest product by an order of magnitude.
The concentration of SiO2 solids is the difference.

I'm lucky if I can get my pilots to wash my aircraft beyond flying it in the rain. I got sick of looking at it and washed it last week; the fenestron alone took me the better part of 2 hours.

Sorted 🤝 Bought Feynlab v2 ceramic coating today as many I’ve spoke too have suggested it’s the one . Minimum 3 years protection with superb gloss & easy to use from 1 coat .

Attachments

• 5AC7FB0B-599B-4652-A79D-0E0E910A679F.jpeg
    5AC7FB0B-599B-4652-A79D-0E0E910A679F.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 11
Are you correcting it yourself?
How do you wash the car and how often?
Are you planning to have PPF applied?

There are plenty of long-lasting consumer grade coatings available but if you're paying to have it corrected the shop will most likely have a pro grade coating available with good durability and possibly a warranty.

We can argue waxes/sealants/ceramics all day but a real coating will look great, last the longest, and provide the best protection.
What is a REAL coating?

On a car like that, carnuba wax is the only choice. All these wonder sealants don't have the gloss a good carnuba has. Old news I know.

On a budget, Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell is a no brainer. I get a full 6 months of ultra beading action on a daily driver. Cost about $3.50 at Wal slash China mart. Grand Pa used it, dad used it and now I do.

On a car like that, carnuba wax is the only choice. All these wonder sealants don't have the gloss a good carnuba has. Old news I know.
it´s futile when wax stops working within days after exposure to elements. :(
very brittle protection, been there doing that.
bare minimum are "teflon" waxes. but if that gets on trim it´s p.i.t.a.

it´s futile when wax stops working within days after exposure to elements. :(
very brittle protection, been there doing that.
bare minimum are "teflon" waxes. but if that gets on trim it´s p.i.t.a.
I don't think so, at least on my car. I get a full 6 months from Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell on a daily driver. Every 6 I change the oil and wax the ol' girl. Still beads a plenty.

What ceramic coating / wax / sealant for ultimate finish which I can apply myself at home which is easy used. Paintwork will be fully machined & corrected by my myself. Just after being fully serviced so want exterior now looking it’s very best. Best regards

Glassparency Graphene. Assisted with a doctors lambo and it was like liking at a mirror.

You can easily get 6+ mos from Turtle Wax Seal n Shine for under $10.

I bought in to the hype on the Turtle Wax Seal n Shine and have tried it as well as TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer.

There is no way either one would last 6 months. I have used both on my daily driver. Water no longer beads within 3 weeks of application. I have them now just sitting on a shelf...I should probably just throw them away since I don't use them anymore. They are just overpriced, mass market retail offerings.

It is physically impossible to get the same durability from a spray coating when compared to an actual resin.
If you put a drop of a resin ceramic coating and do not wipe it off it will harden. You wont get that with a spray

I bought in to the hype on the Turtle Wax Seal n Shine and have tried it as well as TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer.

There is no way either one would last 6 months. I have used both on my daily driver. Water no longer beads within 3 weeks of application. I have them now just sitting on a shelf...I should probably just throw them away since I don't use them anymore. They are just overpriced, mass market retail offerings.
You clearly did something wrong. Tons of tests prove otherwise.

Back